Campaign Sliming Thread Challenge

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Aug 23, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

All the dirty deeds done in digest form!
    - WTH would I do without my straight man! Thanks for the thread Don.
    {added} The CHALLENGE is: Find 'em, Post 'em, Knock 'em down. IF you can.

The Recap:

Obama:
    - is/was a Muslim. Disproved
    - Birth Cert Faked. Recently disproved.
    - wife senior thesis. Outsider at Princeton. Big Whoop.
    - wife 'never been proud.. of my country'. Ambiguous - hacked recording
    - Rev Wright & Trinity. Done to a turn.

McCain:
    - NYT - Is McCain cheating on Cyndy? Was what ..6 months ago? How's that breaking news coming?
    - McCain ties to Abramovich. Laffer. Look it up
    - McCain tool of big oil. Unfortunately campaign contributions from oil co. employees are tracked. Obama leads by 25%.
    - Kos: McCain/jailer 'Cross in the Dirt' a cheat from Solzenitzen story. Except he told it in Hanoi Hilton cell and Solz never told it. Never mind, then.
    - McCain divorces first wife, marries MUCH money. Unlike John Kerry, where it was obviously true love.
    - Doesnt know how many houses Cyndy owns. Again unlike John Kerry who kept running count.

I think that pretty much brings it up to date, right? If you have others for either, post them here and we'll edit them in.

So let's start. HEre's what I think we'll see...
    Obama:

- Bill Ayers "He's just a guy I know from the neighborhood" This is the gift that will keep on giving, all the way to November. Expect video of Ayers speaking before Chavez lovefest on how Revolution is induced through Education.. Expect leaking of Ayers' class curriculum.
    - Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which Obama ran. This is underway.. no idea what will come out of it, but document owner was reluctant to release them till yesterday.
    - Obama on a recent senate bill passage {out of committee} 'That's my Bill'.. except he didnt sponsor it and isnt on that committee.
    - Obama tailcatching bill sponsorship in IL state Leg. Wherein he pretty much jumps on the wagon at last minute. {see above}

McCain:
    - ties to tax breaks, energy subsidies for big corp. Outcome?
    - 'offshore drilling' - Oh PLEASE let's make this an issue!!!
    - Iraq Surge {see above}
    - In Iraq 'for 100 years, i dont care'. Ranks right up there with 'Mission Accomplished'. Only for those who want it to... everyone else knows the context.
    - bin Laden pursuit. could be parsed, I guess.
    - Court Martial Petraeus. Yes, I'm serious... there's a move afoot to get Petraeus for endorsing a book on Chaplains in the Military. Attempt will be made to tie in McCain.

Go ahead.... post your additions for either side.

2. pettyfog

Sliming? If you cant get a bead on the runner, throw your crap at his rooters.

Slate: If Obama Loses
    Racism is the only reason McCain might beat him.

By Jacob Weisberg
    Posted Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, at 12:02 AM ET

So there you have it... doesnt matter what the issues are, vote for McCain you're the scum of the earth.

3. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

LOL -- you gotta love it when the GOPervs, who have unabashedly appealed to racism for more than 4 decades, try to act all sanctimonious about racial issues, don't you? :roll: :lol:

LOL -- just because GOPervs don't just come out and call Obama an uppity n-word, Pettifog tries to claim there's no basis for claims of racism on the part of the GOP. :roll:

We all know even the slimebags of the GOP can't come out and say blatantly racist things, but why would they need to? You and your fellow GOPervs hear those dog-whistles just fine, don't you Pettifog?

"Foreign." "Exotic." "Presumptuous." Ads featuring Obama juxtaposed with young white women (almost the exact ad they ran against -- gasp -- Harold Ford, another black man). McCain as the "American president Americans want." Yep, the GOPerv masters know just what whistle they're blowing.

And Fido here just laps it up.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As opposed to "Vote for Bush or you're a terrorist who hates America."

Who's the straight man now.

5. pettyfog

GOPervs! That is about what I would expect from [​IMG] Go play with your wii, junior.

So... let's see. I posted and linked. Do you want to do the same? You been saying that for years... put up or shut up and it better be as plain as my post said it.
    And evidently you still are.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Young man, if you expect anyone to take what you have to say seriously, on this forum or in the rest of your life, then writing this level of nonsense is wholly unacceptable.

7. pettyfog

Steve: you cant tell someone's calendar age by what they post... silly wabbit!
    ;)
    By the way... this is the REAL beauty of the 'quote' function, esp from a moderator perspective. The ScreenCapture tool backs it up nicely.

Also..guess I didnt make it clear.... the thread is NOT about the slime we can generate, it's about what is written ELSEWHERE.

It's probably my fault for sticking 'Challenge' in the subject.

The CHALLENGE is: Find 'em, Post 'em, Knock 'em down. IF you can.

THAT way, some useful work is done.

8. pettyfog

9. pettyfog

10. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

LOL -- the racist righty bed-wetters are still crying because they've been called on their obvious racism.

You don't want to be called racists? Then stop resorting to racist tactics. It really is that simple.

11. pettyfog

You dont want everything you post on NFR forums deleted, stop trolling. It really IS that simple.

I dont like you, I think you are a dumb fuck.

But you're allowed your say same as anyone else. Just dont troll.

12. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

LOL -- pettyfog knows all the racist dog-whistles and smoke-screens, don't you, petty?

13. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

LOL -- look at petty . . . wow, that's a thoughtful response there, petty. Did you get that from your GOP talking points e-letter? :lol:

LOL -- "trolling"? You keep filing this board with your racist dog-whistling, you get called it, and you're going to cry and whine about being called on it? :roll:

Yeah, petty, delete any posts which question the GOP's tactics -- boy, THAT will show how pure your motives are . . . :roll: :lol:

In case you hadn't noticed, you're responsible for about 98% of the political posts on this board, but yeah, petty, it's the other guy who dares to call you on your b.s. who's trolling. :lol: :lol: :roll:

Typical GOP tactic -- post slime, get called on it, and then cry in fake outrage. And notice how, in true GOP fashion, I question the use of a slimy political tactic by the GOP, but rather than respond to the issue, petty responds with obscenity and personal insults. Another $5 into petty's GOP account, Mr. Rove!

14. pettyfog

Well, if that's your final word.

15. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

As everyone can see, the only one using obscenity and personal attacks here is you, petty.

16. pettyfog

You dont like it, complain to Tom.

As of now, I'm the moderator and you're toast ...on the Non-Fusa, Non Fulham forums.

Scratch that.. make it on anything political.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't agree with the tone of most of ChicagoFan's posts -- leaving behind the "end matches at 80 minutes" stuff as well as the post-loss alcohol fluid replacement program -- but he's right about a couple of things:

1. You do origininate about 95% of the political threads here.
    2. Just about 50% of the posts on these threads are yours.
    3. If you don't get a rise out of anyone in a particular thread, YOU respond to your own posts [sometimes two or three times in a row] and rachet up the venom each time.
    4. You establish ground rules about "playing fair/playing nice" and then break them immediately.
    5. The only time you pull out your moderator hat is when someone does not bend to your will.

I like you, Jim. I think you're a great guy and a blessing to all of us on this site, but you hold absolute belief that views that political views that differ from your own are stupid and wrong, and that those individuals that hold them deserve no respect. That's fine; this is America; this is the Internet; and, as I said, I think you're a great guy. But your lack of tolerance when it comes to who does and who does not get to express an opinion is a bit dictatorial. It's all very well on a confrontational talk show for the host to yell "you're and idiot" and pull the plug on a caller who disagrees, but that sort of narrow limitation of thoughts and ideas isn't something I'm comfortable with.

I'll be making political or "world news" type posts again once I see another ChicagoFan post on these threads.

18. pettyfog

Look, Don... If you absolutely honestly believe he had a right to post what he did in that tone, and it wasnt trolling....then we'll put up a poll.
    I've dealt with trolling like that before... from a dem, while slanging back and forth with an outright marxist, no problems with HIM.

I would MUCH rather OTHER people start the threads on stuff I feel is interesting.

I post what I think is interesting... not for effect, no matter what you think. If you doubt that... I'm gonna email you my reading links one day. You'd be hugely surprised what I DONT post.

So do it.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

thank you, 'fog. You're a good man. I've always said so. Sorry about all that in the above two posts, but it does look kinda famiiar.

20. pettyfog

The above two that are now gone.