Bye bye Chelsea

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by krhimself, Mar 8, 2008.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

That is freakin' GREAT!!!!!

Almost as good as Bullard's strike today.

3. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Chelsea and ManU out on the same weekend. What a great game Barnsley put in!

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

The FA Cup winner is none of the big four. How cool is that?

I only saw the last 20 minutes of the Barnsley game, and I kept looking away, I was too nervous, especially after they played park the bus in fromt of the goal.

Good for them.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

It's a shame Barnsley's players didn't realize that none of them are good enough to be on the same pitch with Liverpool or Chelsea, that they're too slow or too old or too young or too inexperienced to be playing quality EPL opponents. Had they only realized, they could have just recognized the inevitable and quit. And now, they've gone ahead and teased and deluded their fans -- most of whom probably think they're supporting a quality club. A shame, I tell you. It's a shame..

God! I love it when Chelsea loses! At the Bridge! BANANATIME!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

6. VonBilly

VonBilly New Member

''There's nothing more like singing the blue's,
    When Fulham win
    (well draw, win or get some sort of bloody result)
    and Chelsea lose
    oh Fulham, you get me singing the blue's''

7. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I thought they were playing at Oakwell today?

Not that I'm trying to upset the apple cart or anything. I mean Chelsea still lost!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

After beating Liverpool and Chelsea on the road Barnsley deserve at least an FA Cup final appearance in Wembley. I hope they get there and win it.

9. IanHux

IanHux New Member

Isn't the FA Cup lovely with the surprises it throws out at us?

10. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

lol @ Chelsea

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Man United lost at home yesterday, Chelsea lost on the road.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I sit corrected. Still chuffed to my bleedin' eyeballs that the Scum lost!

13. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

okay, i know its a faux pas to do this...

but after this cup season I recant most of everything I wrote about it. this truly has been an amazing run.

And lets hope Pompey lose so it'll be all CCC teams.

14. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Saturday was a glorious day. We pulled out a late tie, and I got to watch Chelsea get embarrased and sent home. I do believe Avram's time is limited. He basically has to win the Champion's League to stick around.

and I was rooting for Barnsley as though it was our boys out on the pitch. American media would love the story of Barnsley so far.

And anyone else thinking we should make a bid for that defender, Bobby Hassell? I counted two or three times he saved possible goals by literally throwing his body in front of the shot.

I think they earned the win and deserve to go on to the Finals.

15. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Only one Prem team among the semifinalists. It really has been a great FA Cup.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I wholeheartedly agree. But here's a thought. The English sporting press who are celebrating this is the same bunch of idjits who slam top EPL managers for not caring enough about the Cup and saving their best lineups for critical league and European clashes. However, if you asked the managers [and chairment] of Cardiff, West Brom, and Barnsley if they'd rather win the Cup or get promoted to the EPL, they'll all jump on the latter, and they'd never get criticized for that.

But, then again, the British sporting press is a bunch of tossers anyhow.

17. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Don, couldn't agree more with the British sporting press comment. Stinkin' journos.

To be honest, this is the most exciting FA Cup that I've had the pleasure to see in quite some time. 3 lower league sides make up the semi final and the lone Prem representative is outside the big four. Good times.

Barnsley has been inspiring and in their epic battle with Liverpool followed up by a well deserved win against Chelsea I am firmly in their corner. Cardiff will have their hands full and I hope to see Tykes in the final.

18. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I fully agree. The last minute goal by Howard against Liverpool is the stuff dreams are made of and I told my wife wife Odejayi was going to score against Chelsea after the first ten minutes of play. I will be pulling for Barnsley to win the cup.

19. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

I am now Barnsley until Fulham are relegated...

20. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

you know guys it's kinda sad how this year Fulham's biggest win was Barnsley beating Chelsea.