Bush Poll numbers are terrible right now

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JohnnyCash, Jun 8, 2005.

1. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8135134/

Just a quick recap

3/4 think Iraq casualties unacceptable
    2/3 say we are bogged down
    6/10 say the war was not worth fighting
    52% say the war has not contributed to the US's long term safety

52% job disapproval
    48% approval (20 points lower than Clinton's on his impeachment day)

67% blame president and congress
    13% blame congressional democrats

55% say bush has done more to divide than unite

In Congress Democrats (46%) more trusted than republicans (41%)..but only have a 51% favorable rating

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

....I am not surprised by these numbers at all. It was quite predicatble that when Bush was re-elected, he was gonna continue doing the same things he had done the previous four years. There are no changes in sight and this country is dividing further and further apart with each passing day.

The stat I find most amusing is the one about the war not contributing to the long term safety of the country. 52% of people think the war will not help the safety of this country. This is something I have said for a long time. We are pissing off any and all potential terrorists and we are pulling them all against us. This administration is complete and utter crap! They do nothing to control the problems in Iraq and around the world. In fact, they do not realistically look at the problems that are in front of them. All I hear about is how many Iraqi troops have been trained and such, yet I hear nothing of these "Iraqi troops" doing much of anything.

The question I have is this.....Why are we training new troops and rebuilding a country that will always hate us and that will eventually come back to bite us in the ass? eg..Afghanistan in 1980. I am sure down the road in 10-20 years there will be a terrorist group that will say they got most of their money and supplies from the US during this war.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, for one... the Afghani's are NOT in that boat right now... there will be strife there for quite a while... but can you be sure that the big experiment WONT tkae?

Or that it isnt worth the risk?

And the "Us supplied them wepons" is a freakin' fall-back argument based on fallacy.

Let's go back to WWII and the fact that we supplied the RUSSIANS with not only weapons but foodstocks and production machinery in a continuous program!

If that were a requisite for aid, no one would ever aid anyone.

Sorry, but the "HATE" exhibited by the inferiors here.. (they MUST be inferior... let them eat themselves... they deserve it!) didnt need our feet on soil to inspire them... the fatwa's were predicated on the US getting along with (i.e. SUPPORTING) the Saud's (same as which finance the religio-fascists) and by the Westernization of the global culture.

Their terror campaign started LONG ago, separate and distinct... and was given impetus and encouragement by the overthrow of the Shah of Iran and subsequent hostage situation in which the US seemed powerless until the Ayatollah decided to let them go.

Bottom Line: It IS (and ALWAYS WAS) a religious war and it wont go away if you stick your head in the sand.

If we had not done anymore than lob a few cruise missiles at Al Quaeda after 9/11, the results, globally, would at LEAST be the same, if not worse.

Negotiation to agreement with some people and cultures is but an invitation to MORE negotiation and agreement.

Read up on the Barbary Coast adventure of the late 18th century. You have to dig but, oh my!, the arabic version doesnt seem to be the same as the English language version.

And note that the treaty is sometimes used as evidence in argument about separation of Church and State... even though the clause about "Not founded on the Christian Religion" is on the same page as the amount of tribute to be paid to the Bey of Tripoli in reward for signing the "Peace and Friendship" agreement.

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I wish i could read so i could be as smart as you...hopefully one day i can be smart enough to be a republican

5. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Bush is an incoherent, simpering, lying trained circus monkey. That's not "hate," PF -- that's just a simple fact.

6. pettyfog

Yeah... right.

Seen Kerry's Grade transcripts?

You guys cant get your freakin news from the Daily Show and think you have it nailed.

That's why I'm relatively silent... the two 'polarities' are speaking for themselves. The more Howard Dean rants, the more weird and wonderful attacks on nominees like Janice Rogers Brown.. the more Amnesty International goes over the top... the better for "my side".

How about that SC decision on medical grass? That's what YOUR side has done to us... painted into a corner and only Clarence Thomas to defend common sense!

Bwa-ha-ha!

7. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

PF that's why i posted this thing

even when the dems got a raving loon like Dean up front, Bush's poll numbers continute to slip

8. pettyfog

Wonder why...

Gi's flush Quran down toilet!

Opps correction to come later!

85% percent of Media consider themselves liberal... but we are impartial after all... we only cover the bombings and attacks.. we dont DIRECTLY say that it's because of the Americans in occupation.

Daily KOS: FBI Confirms atrocities.. which did no such thing.. nah...you guys just keep talking to yourselves, then you can eventually start supporting armed takeover.

If you WANT to bash Bush AND support the US why dont you bash him on the stupid vote-buying border policy, and on the stupid Vote-buying idea(wonder where they got THAT?) of continuing Cuban Sanctions?

Those are REAL DOMESTIC issues that might make some difference and which you and I could agree on.

Rail against social security reform and you diss the greatest Dem party stateman of recent times: Moynihan.. did you know that? Not to mention keeping the current system as it is makes no freakin sense. It's gonna cost BIG taxes, no matter what, and you guys are gonna end up up short unless you plan REALLY well to afford to pay SS on your retirement income

Finally.. let's ask.. do we REALLY want poll-democracy? Whoever asks the best questions win? Where ARE those poll questions, BTW?
    Yeah..i can go on.. but as I say.. it make s no sense to argue with the 'indoctrinated'

9. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I checked out a Dr. Seuss book...it's my first one, after a few weeks when i'm done I'm gonna move on to something a little bit bigger...like hop on pop or something.

It will take me a few years...one day though, i hope that I'll be able to read big books and blogs to form my views...

then i can criticize the stupid democrats too

10. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

"WE DIDN'T FLUSH A KORAN." LOL. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

"Oh, sure, we admit we stomped on it, threw it across the room, ripped it apart, and urinated on it, but WE DID NOT FLUSH IT!" :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

"Correction." LOL -- dozens of other sources OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS have reported the same types of incidents as Newsweek.

But no, by God, we might admit to stomping, mishandling, throwing, ripping, and pissing on it, but by the little baby Jesus who jus' luvs George Bush, we did not flush one in the toilet! :lol: :lol:

Wait, PF -- is this kind of like Bush and his henchmen repeatedly saying that Saddam was an "immediate" threat, responding "yes" when asked if they were claiming Saddam was an "imminent" threat, yet still claiming that "we never said Saddam was an imminent threat"?

The Bushies are liars, plain and simple.

11. pettyfog

And the sources WERE?!!!!

The ones that memorized the AlQuaeda handbook, n'est ce pas?!!!!!
    "Once you are released, claim torture and atrocities"

God it must suck to hate your country! Been admiring the French, have you?

I'm not talking about hating Bush or GOP but to think that goes on .. and ignoring EVERY time one of those guys comes out with a retraction?

You guys are either putting me on with this parroting act... but I'm leaving with a thought.

I noticed a long time ago,, including, raising kids... that when you want to discredit someone and you cant resort to logic or reason, you accuse him of what YOU might do.

Where is all the invective and insult coming from? Which sides' spokesman says "I hate _____"

Which "high-minded" peaceloving side abuses icons and symbols for effect?

You are either pulling my chain.. or hopeless lemmings. Either way, I'm out'a THIS thread! :roll:

12. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

PF: Well, geez, as entertaining as your little Limbaugh-esque, quaking rant was, the teensy little problem with your rambling is that OUR OWN PENTAGON REPORTS CONFIRM that guards threw, stomped on, ripped, spit on, and urinated on the Koran. Those are FACTS, dumbass. "Sources"? LOL -- our own internal review confirms the stories, or haven't you been paying attention? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, everytime a right-winger such as yourself trots out the "you hate America" garbage, I know we've won the argument. When faced with facts, the right-wingers start spewing "you hate America." Well, PF, I mean this in the nicest way possible, one Fulham fan to another, but f--- you. Take your "you hate America" claptrap and shove it up your Bush-loving arse.

Yeah, PF, we hate our country because we don't want them torturing people. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
    Yeah, you heard me -- TOTURE. You do know that OUR OWN PENTAGON REPORTS have confirmed that we've tortured a few dozen prisoners TO DEATH, right???

I'd call that a pretty unimpeachable "source," wouldn't you, dumbass? :lol: :lol: :lol: That pretty nicely corroborates what the Red Cross and newspapers around the world have been reporting for 3 years, no?

But, hey, I'm sure you're happier living in Bushworld where all is well and the Bushies never do wrong, so more power to you.

Let's all sing together: "Jesus luvs the little childrens . . . "

13. pettyfog

14. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

An Army commander's report details five instances of the holy book being desecrated at the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... -headlines

Last week's Pentagon disclosure of mishandling of the Koran followed a report in Newsweek, later retracted, that U.S. investigators had confirmed that a guard had flushed a prisoner's Koran down a toilet. The White House blamed that report for violent protests in Muslim nations.

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindeal ... xml&coll=2

Ther'es more...google is your friend there's a lot more if you want.

By the way..you've got a republican in the white house, Senate and House...you're awful touchy for someone who's in charge of everything in DC right now

15. pettyfog

So...
    You make exactly my point!

The orders were DEfinitely to supply the koran, and treat it with all respect.

That a few went against that somehow proves the detainees were routinely abused?

Did you see where the former detainee who made the "toilet" charge in the first place retracted it? Thought not....

Did you read how it happened that a GI pissed on the book?

So after all this fire and crap... it turns out that this "Gulag" is more like a freakin boot camp.

And I'm still waiting for the independent evidence that GI's beat a lot of detainees to death... is Sgrena writing that, now?

But what about "Minority Rights" and "Advise and Consent"... What about the Harry Reid's statement: "If the President would just supply a list of those he'd like to nominate, much of this could be avoided!".

16. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

It's pretty impressive that our Army is so advanced now that it has learned how to make its urine change direction in midstream just so it can happen to accidentally fall on the book. Are there no latrines built? Do they just pick a window and pee in it?

You don't really belive a suspect story like an air vent accident, do you?

17. pettyfog

No... of course not, its all a vast conspiracy, designed to humble the backwards masses of the world by humiliating them... when the premise of their fatwas is that the west has humiliated them for 1500 years.

How could could I be so stupid... Sh!t DOESNT happen and people DONT do dumb things like take a pee off a watch-post.