Bullard has scan on knee/slight meniscus tear

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by nmancini04, Feb 3, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Where's all the concern about Dejan Stefanovic? He left us to go to Norwich, picked up an injury and has already missed about 10 matches on his way to missing the rest of the season? I mean, if we're going to obsess about the health of former players, let's waste our time on players who didn't trash us as they went out the door.

All of this Bullard obsession reminds me of a teen-aged girl who tells her friends that she's through obsessing about the boy who won't call her up for a date anymore -- and tells them every day for a month.

Or am I being too old and grumpy?

2. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Yep, you're just a grizzled old man Don. :D

3. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Too old and grumpy.

Easiest post ever.

4. DCDave

DCDave Member

Dejan wasn't JB for Fulham. JB was a central figure, for good and bad, for several years for Fulham, so when he left, we're going to have more interest in what happens to him.

FWIW, I don't totally blame Bullard for him leaving. I have a feeling that Roy was not totally enamored of Bullard, wasn't too concerned about keeping him (all else being equal), and Bullard knew it. Whether that is good judgment by Roy, that's another question (and a question I can't answer).

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

sometimes ya gotta float a lob up there just for the joy of watching someone put it away! :3d footy:

Nice timmyg; nice Jensers.

6. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

OLD AND GRUMPY

That was like shooting fish in a bathtub.

Actually, I fail to see how this wouldn't be news. Dave is right -- Bulard was more central to this team than Stefanovic. Even if he had handled his departure better, this would still be news on this site.

7. jmh

jmh New Member

If nothing else, it's newsworthy for vindicating Roy's decision to sell when he did.

8. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Vindicated? Hmmmm...

Well - I guess he is vindicated in the fact that he was not willing to offer a contract 18 months early because he obviously was unwilling to take a chance on something going wrong in that time.

If anything - I would think there is a flip side of this coin in the sense that Bullard was right to look for financial security by going to a club that was going to give him (possibly) one last big payday. He too was unwilling to take a chance on having another injury and being tossed 18 months from now. He now has a club that is committed to him and committed to making sure he returns to full form.

All-in-all, I think this move worked out good for all involved.

Of course that is assuming that Fulham can absorb the loss and live to fight another season.

9. RDG

RDG Member

I didn't realize that Scott Parker did it to Bullard TWICE! I just remember that Parker was MoTM until the injury; then, his own career went downhill and he didn't seem the same for a long time.

I just wish I had his medical coverage, as I really should get my meniscus surgically repaired, too.

10. RDG

RDG Member

Re: RE: Bullard needs knee surgery

Ya know, the ironic thing is that YOU started the other thread!

Ah, well.

:wink:

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I remember that Parker was ill on the pitch after the injury up in Newcastle. Cookie called him over and put his arm on Parker's shoulder to try and console him. Yeah, the injury to what's-his-name had a long-term effect on Parker.

12. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Uh...except Hull!

(so far at least)

13. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

RE: Re: RE: Bullard needs knee surgery

I guess I just need to see my name up here as much as possible. :D

14. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Bullard needs knee surgery

Okay... THAT did it. This aint the offal.

I Dont care about post count; but even subtle suggestions that you're going for some 'threadstarter award' get you buried in a consolidated thread.

Why? Because I'm power mad, of course.

8)
    - - - - - - - - -

If Parker reacted that way after the first injury, Imagine how he must feel NOW!

And I wonder if tape analysis might show the effect of Parker's sensitivities, or JB's wariness of him.

Remember they say the surest way to get injured is to always play so as not to.

15. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

RE: Bullard needs knee surgery

I was totally kidding...

16. Bradical

Bradical Member

I'll be looking for Jimmy around town today. If I see him, I'll wish him a speedy recovery (and good luck in the Championship next year).

17. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I dont know - Bullard was not going to make or break hull. I thought they were looking at him as the start of their buying for next season - but I could be wrong.

The question still remains as to if he will make or break Fulham, but the 3 points over Ports, and picking up a point against Wigan hopefully have put Fulham to safety and it is a moot point...

18. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Considering the £5 million they spent on him was their club record transfer fee, I would respectfully disagree. I think they were counting on him heavily.

Meanwhile, the surgeon found fresh ACL damage and he's out for the season.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=620446&sec=england&cc=5901

19. Jensers

Jensers New Member

That stinks for him and for Hull, but he has plenty of time to be ready for the start of next season.

Hull has good leadership on the pitch and they will scrape together a run to get them the points they need to be safe. If that is the case - then this can just be a minor hiccup.

20. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Get well soon, Jimmy