Bryan to Real Betis?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Jan 8, 2014.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... a-liga.php

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I would be great if we could get another club interested to recoup as much of the $10 Mill as possible, but not expecting much more than $2-3 for an out of favor, injury prone Bryan. I know a majority of Fulham fans can't wait to see the back of him (see Milson's blog on espnfc), but I have a lot of respect for his game. He just never quite fit in the Prem. Not sure if going to a bottom-side is the way to go, but it's a WC year and Ruiz must be desperate to get on the pitch.

3. tim

tim Active Member

I guess I'm not as sympathetic as you Joe. Skillset and ability aren't enough for me. He simply didn't produce. And as I mentioned elsewhere, he's a luxury we can no longer afford. Obviously we should try to recoup as much as possible, but I think we bite the bullet, chalk this one up to a failed experiment, wish him well and send him on his way.

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/93 ... om-fulham/

Well...sigh. Is this really the best deal out there?

5. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well, at least its just a loan. I'm shy to sell him on, but think he needs a change of scenery - La Liga esta perfecta.

I like Ruiz, and he has shown the ability to play in England (and shortcomings as well), but he's never had a regular position in the Fulham squad in my opinion.

Best of luck to him and I hope he's recalled this summer and Rene can use him...in the Prem.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Hopefully the change of scenery/pace helps him and the loan raises his value for sale in the summer. We saw glimpses of what he could be in the Prem, but more often we saw him fail to adapt to the pace. I've given up hope that he'll make it at Fulham, much less in the Prem.

7. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Whatever happens, I'm certain we will NOT recoup our original 11 million pound transfer fee. We really know how to pick our splurge, eh?

8. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

9. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I feel bad it has all gone so sour for him. He was a pure joy to watch at times, and 8 goals in 68 games in the premier league is not horrible, especially considering some of his recent games involved few minutes. And how much he was fouled. Also his assist numbers are pretty good. Best of luck to him

10. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

He's having a medical at PSV according to reports.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Is that from the same source that said that signing with PSV would mark his return to the Bundesliga?

12. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

13. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

14. tim

tim Active Member

I wish him luck there. Hopefully he finds the form he had at Twente. I've been a very vocal critic of his and I still don't think he's a good fit for Fulham, but he's a talented player who deserves regular playing time in a situation where he can excel.

15. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

]http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-suit-fulham-after-loan-move-to-psv-eindhoven

An exerpt:

I don't have the words here besides...adios!