Bryan Ruiz

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by astroevan, Aug 26, 2013.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Have I missed something? Why hasn't he seen any time on the pitch thus far?

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Glad you asked Astro:

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/j ... es-of-ruiz

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well, given the scintillating display of MJSF on Saturday, I'm sure Mr. Jol should be able to find some pitch time for one of the more creative players on the roster.

COYW

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Does Jol ever say anything helpful?

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

He is our dentistry!

jumpkutz likes this.
  7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the attempt to loan Kasami to Italy a year or 2 ago. Paperwork seems to be an issue at FFC. Shame we can't loan players via social media as that seems to be the only form of communication the club care about.

SoCalJoe and astroevan like this.
  8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

And FIFA have ruled the transfer dead in the water. Bryan is appealing, but it'll be to no avail. I for one wouldn't mind having him back. He has been sorely missed the last two matches.

encorespanish and jumpkutz like this.
  9. jumpkutz

Where are you reading or hearing about this, Mr. Hymel? I've been scouring the interweb for a source, but none are forthcoming.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

saw it earlier this morning. Can't remember where exactly.

11. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

If Ruiz was unhappy before this, I can't imagine he'll be very motivated to play for us after we let his transfer fall through via incompetence.

encorespanish and SoCalJoe like this.
  12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

From the sounds of it he has a good relationship with Kit, so while his body language will speak volumes we can all expect Bryan to be a pro. So, can anyone explain what happened? Paperwork not turned in on time?

13. jumpkutz

That's supposedly the reason, yes, late paperwork on the part of Fulham, but who know? The fact that no one seems to be talking suggests an administrative/legal proceeding is underway at FIFA. Here's the only link I can find to hint at what's possibly going on. It's in Spanish, so I'm gonna post the link and snip the translation and post it as a pic. This is from last week, so it may be quite dated.
    http://www.marca.com/2015/02/05/futbol/equipos/levante/1423130444.html ruiz headline.JPG ruiz story.JPG

14. jumpkutz

15. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

He's Baaaaack...

Statement from Fulham:

16. SoCalJoe

Let's see, Kit says the paperwork was done, in the link Jump provided it says it was late. 'Other reports' suggest Fulham thought the Spanish window was different (I aint buying that), did we 'accidentily' (wink wink) not dot all the i's and cross all the 't's'??

jumpkutz likes this.
  17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

If what you're saying is true, than Fulham are completely stupid as well as incompetent. If I was a player that made it known to management that I wanted to move on, we came to an agreement that it was best for everybody, and then the club purposively didn't complete a deal on time...well, I am not too happy. Professional or not, my effort is probably going to match the effort put in to getting the deal done on time. I'll take my chances in the free market come summer because I have much just as much to lose as I do have to gain by playing. I would be risking injury while trying to showcase my abilities.

encorespanish, MicahMan and SoCalJoe like this.
  18. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

This is an unfortunate situation for Bryan. He is going to be required to play to tick the time off his contract and move on with a clean slate to the summer window but he can't be happy with this situation on a personal level.

I wonder what Bryan will think if Fulham at any point exercise the reported one year option still remaining in his contract.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  19. jumpkutz

It certainly appears so, doesn't it. And these comments from Kit aren't exactly reassuring that the club did right by him. The question will be, are we better off with whatever he brings to the table (or the pitch, if you will), with whatever commensurate effort that entails, than we are without it? If the results to date are any indication, I'd say the answer is yes.

symon quotes ruiz.PNG

20. SoCalJoe

Whoa, didn't realize there was an option. From a purely business point of view, picking up the option and then selling him would be wise move. However, I'm sure Bryan and his agent will want some sort of assurance that's not going to happen.

encorespanish likes this.