Brit drugs cheat trying to go stateside.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by GaryBarnettFanClub, Dec 12, 2006.

1. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

This is a bit of a rant, please excuse me.

British sprinter and nandralone unsing drugs cheat, Dwain Chambers, is trying to get himself on the books of an NFL team to avoid paying back the prize money he won while being a filthy drugs cheat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/6171721.stm

Isn't it about time that people like Chambers were banned world wide from all sport? Why should fans in the NFL be left wondering which special candy he has taken this week to perform above his peers.

It comes hot on the heels of the PCB who have overturned drugs bans on 2 Pakistani cricketers who admitted their guilt because "it was an accident". Last I knew, accident or not, drugs cheats got banned.

People like Chambers bring the whole of sport into distripute. I never watch atheletics or cycling because it seems that it is a competition between chemical compounds, not people.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, I dont read in that that he is trying to avoid paying it back.

The NFL has their own drugs testing and one star recently ran afoul of it, was suspended for several games.

And if he only makes it in NFL Europe, that's a far cry from the sort of pay he needs to recompense the winnings. But if he's half as good as Renaldo Nehemiah was, he'll get big bucks.

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

He pays back money from future track earning.

The main point is that he should not be jumping sports when he is a proven cheat. It demeans any acheivement he makes.

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

He better be twice (not half) the player Nehemiah was (Skeets was awful). That said in the court of public opinion most people will share your view GBFC. I wish our leagues (no matter) the sport had the power to force cheats to pay back earnings.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, yeah... that was an ill-advised statement.

Nehemiah never really panned out... which is why the 'toughness' statement appeared in there, I suppose.

If he owes it, he owes it... right?