Brazil v Italy Friendly

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by sullytex, Feb 10, 2009.

1. sullytex

sullytex Member

I have such high hopes for the US soccer squad until I watch two teams of this calibler and realize that we've made great strides, but are still a notch below. An unbelievably entertaining game going on at the Emirates right now. The Man City boys are well represented tonight scoring both goals for Brazil. Italy had a beautiful goal disallowed, unjustly in the 5th minute. Not sure how I missed this, I had no idea they were coming to town or I would have tried to get tickets.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I watched some of it as well. You could not be more right. Granted the defending was probably not as tight as would be in a Tournament, but how did Pirlo see that pass, and how did the goal that wasn't bend in there off the inside of that guy's left foot. Brazil's one goal, give and go, that I saw, was so fast I find it hard to believe anyone could defend it.

Good stuff.