Bradley names roster

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Josh, I'd trust your memory any day over mine.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Josh is correct, no headed goals in last night's match.

I liked the lineup last night. Would rather see more of a 2 way player instead of Pablo so we have the flexibility of sending either CM forward. Beas gets forward well at LB, but the lack of size and inability he's shown so far in preventing crosses will be problematic in 2010 w/o a lot of improvement. Plenty of time to improve that though and he and LD worked well together going up the left side.

Dempsey was fairly MIA in the first half, but was more involved in the 2nd. Conversely, when he was more active, Landon was absent. The team did better at changing the point of attack and crossing the ball, but got away from it too often.

4. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Just a hunch, but I think Dempsey is totally, completely wrapped around club football, and it shows, thankfully. He'll be around and make more of a commitment to country as we get closer to The Big Show.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't think you can fault Clint's committment. He hates not playing and he hates being substituted in a USMNT match. He is just TIRED. I was hoping he'd get a yellow against El Sal and be ineligible for TNT, but I was not favored.

And, yes -- Eddie Johnson. We talked about that last night in the chatroom.

As for Spector at LB, I'm not so sure. He's brilliant at RB and is the natural successor to Cherundolo after South Africa. Last season I watched him shut down Giggs and then Rooney on United's left flank until they basically stopped attacking him. I wasn't sure about Beasely, but he was facing a brilliant, clever, talented right winger in Carlos Edwards and slapped him around and took his lunch money. Then, he had time to get forward so much he had a header saved in TNT's penalty area. I think he's worth trying again.

Please ... no Bornstein and please no wrong-footers at LB.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Bradley names roster

All it says is that Eddie "could yet be" a player who puts his chances away and would be a good partner for Jozy. I wouldn't make too much of it.

7. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Sorry.. for me the crisis is Cherundolo.

Because he's out for the summer this screws the Crew. Otherwise Frankie would be on roster but prolly not play. And look what happened last time.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Also missing from that blurb is West Ham's Spector, who is injured after getting a good run at right back with The Cheats.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Let me know when they run a blurb about Spector not being injured during a match.

11. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Precious! And so true. Seems that way, anyhow.