Bradley names roster

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Clevelandmo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

My problem with Adu is where to put him. Left, right, forward, mf? Where is he best? I seriously doubt he's better than the Beas on the left.

Nevster, I'm interested in seeing Torres too so maybe swap him out on the bench for Edu.

2. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

I did the exact same thing (but with DirecTV) last night. I checked different times, figuring maybe they moved it to an afternoon start. I checked FSN. I can't find it anywhere in the program guide. Anyone got any answers?

3. JP-STL

JP-STL New Member

The ESPN website indicates the game is being aired at 7:00 p.m. CDT on both ESPN2 and ESPN-HD.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide
    Problem must be at Time/Warner and DirecTV. I guess I'll just set the DVR to record whatever the guide says is on at 7:00 and then hope that I get the game.

4. jmh

jmh New Member

The problem is that Adu's best position is Donovan's best position is Dempsey's best position.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hmmm; perhaps it's time for us to call our cable provider/satellite broker.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Don't pester your provider, an independent company runs and programs those guides. I've noticed with US Soccer matches, they tend to update late (like day of or day before).

7. Clevelandmo

Anyone think EJ should get some PT in either of these games. Now that he has begun to produce some results in the CCC, I would like to see what kind of impact he has in the squad again.

Super super psyched for this. COYRWB!!!!

8. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I hope EJ gets at least a few minutes here or there, if only to keep building confidence. This match screams for creative players because El Salvador is going to bunker.

Cheers to Mo's enthusiasm!

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

WCQ ESPN2 at NINE PM EDT

It's not on my TW listings either {drag racing} though it's on my Yahoo TV listing and I confirmed the time on USSOCCER: 7 PM MT

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: WCQ ESPN2 at NINE PM EDT

I thought it was interesting that ussoccer.com listed MOUNTAIN time. I haven't seen that since I left Albuquerque to joing the Air Force.

I'm going to follow JP-STL's suggestion and DVR whatever ESPN2HD has on from 8 through 11.

11. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Re: RE: WCQ ESPN2 at NINE PM EDT

Even if (and maybe because?) its hot, sweaty mens rubbin' on each other.

12. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Re: RE: WCQ ESPN2 at NINE PM EDT

It is listed on my Directv guide on ESPN2 at 8:00 CST

13. Jensers

Jensers New Member

RE: Re: RE: WCQ ESPN2 at NINE PM EDT

Chat Room?

14. BarryP

BarryP New Member

WCQ Saturday [R]

I am there now.

15. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: WCQ Saturday [R]

lousy sloppy play, good Result after being down 0-2. Yay Frankie

16. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

RE: WCQ Saturday [R]

I blame the lack of Gooch for the 2 goals conceded.

17. Clevelandmo

I thought the US was overconfident. El Salvador came out to play and their weaknesses were few. Plus they are total savants when it comes to cramping up.

Anyway, liked Ching (as always), the Beas, Frankie, Josy, Torres, and Bradley. Landycakes totally lived up to his spongecake nickname tonight.

Final thoughts. I've always thought Guzan was overated and tonight totally convinced me. He is not on the level of Howard, Friedel, or Kellar (or even on the level of their understudy). I say find a better back up now.

In terms of Torres, he is looking like a key addition to the squad. He brings a craftiness, composure, and central american know how that I find comforting in a game like tonights.

I was hoping for a win but seeing it all unfold I'm satisfied with the draw.
    ohhhhhhhhh usa usa usa usa.

Anyone going to the June game in Chicago?

18. Clevelandmo

Re: RE: WCQ Saturday [R]

And the lack of Timmay!!

19. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

RE: Re: RE: WCQ Saturday [R]

Torres looked great--tons of confidence and creativity on the ball. Perhaps he can teach a clinic? ;)

I'll give Brad a break on the first goal--total defensive collapse and it was a tough ball. The second, not so much.

I decided it was actually a 1-1 tie, since Frankie was both responsible for the second goal let in and the second goal scored. Kinda cancels himself out.

Otherwise, the boys looked disorganized, and baby Bradley in particular had a sucktastic game. What happened between Mexico and now?

20. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Re: RE: WCQ Saturday [R]

El Salvador's second goal is what happens when we have an attacking midfielder playing left back. Credit to the guy who scored it for a great header, but the cross should've never gotten in there in the first place.