Bolton v. Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Feb 4, 2010.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Ol' Gentleman Jim didn't speak too highly of the Whites' play, so I too am happy to escape with a point.

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

I'm happy about the point, but I don't understand the hostility towards BZ. He was disappointing last year but Roy kept him from leaving in the summer (and given Roy's ability to judge talent, that says something), and he has shown why Roy had faith in him.

We had no shots on goal today. Given what BZ has done this season, my guess is that it could have been different with him. We certainly would have not had fewer shots on goal with him...

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Only got half of the wish list. Point, check. Injury-free, not so much. We pretty well stole that point but it was ugly as expected, so it's hard to argue either team really deserved much. Schwarzer was massive (to steal a line from Fog) and was easily man of the match.

With the lineup Roy sent out, I didn't expect much. Nevland was invisible, Elm showed he needs a Batman to his Robin up top. Duff didn't seem to have the same energy after Wednesday's performance. But Dikgacoi was putting in the effort and the miles before going off. Possession improved dramatically when Etuhu came on, even if the middle opened up a little more the other way. The backline was ok, missed a cutter a few times but Schwarzer, Elmander and the official bailed us out.

As Joe said, the chatroom was small but lively, despite some defections. And the feeds were better (not good, mind you) than the last time I'd tried them.

Dave, save your breath. Martin ain't changing his mind on that one.

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

You think??? He cant shoot at goal so there's nothing missed there, and yeah your right I aint changing one bit. not sure I'm totally right here but I don't think it was Roy that kept him from leaving rather more like He couldn't agree terms with Hull was my understanding otherwise he would have left.

5. jmh

jmh New Member

Huh? That doesn't even make sense. Seriously, your constant carping on him is getting old. Has gotten old, really. Zamora has been great this season and everyone recognizes it except you.

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

In a perfect world, we never have to see Elm-Nevland starting up top again.

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

That was pathetic. Glad its over and happy with the poibtm

8. Martin-in-Nashville

So fcuking what, I'm entitled to my opinion just like you Yankee boy

9. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, negative ned is back!

10. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Uh, am I supposed to say this was a brilliant match and I'm happy with the way we played? It was a pathetic performance and Schwarzer was the only player who played well.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I tried getting into the chatroom but it froze me out twice -- the second time it froze the browser and I had to restart. I didn't want to lose GJ and the match, so I stayed away.

Oh, and Martin-in-Nashville, you can certain say anything you want to Yankee Boy or anyone else. You'll excuse us, I'm sure, if we think you're nuts for doing so.

12. sullytex

sullytex Member

Missed the game but watched MoTD this morning. Wow, I think there was only one highlight of us going forward. Swarz had a couple of insane saves. Take the point, run back to London, and don't look back Whites.

13. Martin-in-Nashville

No your supposed to be Positive and have no bad feeling towards anyone player, agree with everything and not keep carping on about anything, be Happy with a Point and not get too down when we lose, it's called being an American I think.

14. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Forget in a perfect world, how about this world. Can a player as slow as Elm have a better last name than him? Nevland can only play the last 20-30 minutes period.

Martin I well defend your right to hate on Zamora anytime you want. I will also defend anyone's right to take a difference of opinion with that anytime they want (now that's being an American 8) ). The performance was ugly, I think we are all in agreement. Hell, our injury situation is so bad SMALLING played forward yesterday. Am I happy with a point after not threatening the goal for 90 minutes? Bolton's 10 million pound striker gagging? and the ref blowing the whistle on what should have been the winning goal at the end of the match? Yeah, I'm happy, but then again I'm a 'Glass is half-full guy'

One of the best lines from the movie Jerry Maguire from Rod Tidwell...
    "You think we are fighting and I think we are finally talking"

15. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Oh would you two knock it off.

FFC -- You never have anything positive to say. EVER. Things sure suck now. But we know that. So enough with the hyperbole and profanities.

Martin -- your harping on Zamora would be laughable if it wasn't so lazy. It's obvious you've had your head in the sand this entire season.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Well if we did more than fuck around in the middle of the table every year I would be a bit happier. I was happy with last season, but the rest of the time I've supported the club, we haven't done much. I have high expectations of all my teams and pretty much everything else in life. If this bothers you, then don't respond to any of my posts.

17. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

uhh.. whatever happened to the term:

FULHAMISH
    ??

Lethargy and Apathy resulting from midtable success, methinks!

Let's not forget Who the Frack we are and hitch up the way-back and push the local express button which would land us back five years...
    ..to wishing and hoping for this.

18. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

lol :lol:

19. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Schwarzer played well, but he wasn't the only one. I thought both our full backs had good games and it was really good to see Etuhu back and in such good form.

Also, where is all of this negativity coming from? Where did people expect us to be in the table this year with...
    - Man City spending 200 million
    - Redknap and his Spurs spending well
    - Aston Villa unweakened from last year

Liverpool's drop was a bit of a surprise but they're still fighting for fourth and Everton's early form has been corrected so they're still in the fight.

Realistically, I would have considered 8th a very good season this year, and even that assumes ending AHEAD of Citeh, Everton, Villa, Spurs, or 'Pool, all of whom have considerably more revenue that we do.

Considering the injuries we've had (and continue to have) this year, and considering the solid form of Birmingham, I would consider 9th an outstanding success.

We're Fulham - consistent top half of the table seasons, with good cup runs and occasional European adventures is where our goals lie, and we do it without going into massive debt or beating up our opponents, and all while striving to play attractive football. What plaudits and recognition we get, we earn, the honest way.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I figured us for 8th or 9th, andypalmer. What made last season so special is that we've never finished as high as 7th before. If we could do it every season, then it would be routine and mundane. We should enjoy our European experience because if we depend on league position to get us into the Europa league, we're going to be severely disappointed. We still have two routes to get into Europe for next season -- Europa League winners, FA Cup winners.

As i've pointed out elsewhere, the timing of all this negativity is interesting to me. We just played 180 minutes of football in four days, got four points and two clean sheets, and we're sitting in the top half of the table and are still in two cup competitions. All of this is happening while we're wracked with injuries.