Bolton v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by BarryP, Aug 13, 2007.

1. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm signing off here until after I've had a chance to watch the rebroadcast off my DVR. Nobody email me the result, ok? :D

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

wooooooooo friggin hooooooooooooo!

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

great win!!!! I can't wait to see the highlights...anyone have a link to them?

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

doggie; the whole match is on TV as I'm typing this. Of course, I'm in a hotel that doesn't get FSC, but WTF!!!!

5. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Apparently Healy does have a nose for the net

6. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Firstly, congratulations Fulhamburger on you shout of a Smertin goal.

How happy am I? Very. Healy has 2 in 2. He scored a poachers goal from a set peice, something we did not see last season. Warner had a 'mare for the first, but Jaskalinen should have had a pen awarded against him for a similar mistake, so I think the conditions were more to blame than the keeprs.

In bad weather we continued to play the game and push and I was very impressed with the attitude Fulham had towards the game.

There are not too many negatives, but Baird was outclassed by Anelka and he looks a little out of his depth - where the hell is Liam!

Shame HH scored, 5 in 34 last season - not really prolific so Murphy's law he would come back to haunt us. Stll - 39 points more for saftey then we can think about Europe.

COYW.

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

Fulham vs Bolton (R)

I agree. That was a beautiful goal by Healy. He made that goal (unlike the one on Saturday). To me, the promise of Healy being the goalscorer we need was the best thing to come out of the game. The second best was the reaction to the team after the error by Warner--they did not fold. It was certainly a better reaction than I had at home watching it, working on my computer! :D

8. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

great win!

i thought the second half was a bit boring, but otherwise it was great to see the boys get 3 points. bring on the boro!

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Healy is scrappy and I like that.

10. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Warner for President! Oh wait. Just first team keeper!!!

Very please with everyone tonight. Can everyone now bugger off about Healy not being a proven Prem striker? I should hope so. Also, our defense actually looks pretty darn good with Knight. Can't say I would have thought that, and Konchesky is just a beast!

Round of applause for LS and his fighting Whites!

12. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Good first win. And now and 0-0-2 Middlesbrough is coming to town on Saturday. Could be a good start to the season.

13. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Great win tonight. Its matches like these that we need to put are heads down and win..........and we did it!

Good work from Healy, excellent work from the backline, all around solid preformance. Kamara sent tremors through their backline when he came despite not really doing a whole lot, his speed is a very powerful weapon. Shout out to Zatinho on a second good performance.

Lawire looked more relived then anything. Boro are another team that are ripe for a beating. Its a match we should and need to win. COME ON FULHAM!

14. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Fulham have not even seen the best of Healy yet. He usually scores world class goals and now he is scoring poacher goals. If he can score the goals that took him to the Premier League he could score 15+ goals maybe even more. I was high on him when he was linked and then signed and I think he is proving me right.

I am sorry, but I do not see how Bouazza deserve to start. He does not have the tricks to beat his defender and really has only shown that he is willing to get back and defend. Still though I guess he deserves more chances.

15. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

David Healy has twice as many goals as both Man Utd and THE SPURS.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Re my interview with FFCinPCB ... I WAS WRONG!!!!!! I singled out Healy as the one signing I was dubious about. The MOST difficult thing to do in football is to score, that the little lad is all about sticking it into the net.

Me wrong; me likey!

Speaking of WRONG; we're in 9th folks, not 15th!

17. BC

BC New Member

Great win! After stepping back and looking at both matches as a whole (and getting over that glum feeling after the Arse loss), I think this year's team has an energy that was lacking last year. They're much better organized, create more chances and have a poise about them that I didn't see last year. While it's way too early to be resting on our laurels, I say good on Lawrie so far.

Healy is tremendous! Hard working, running after every ball, ready to pounce on a free ball and put it in the back of the net. We had no one like that last year and it showed.

Agree with FFC24, Bouzza shouldn't start. Lee Cook or Deuce.

As much as I like Mac, I'd like to see Healy and Kamara up front sometime.

And Smertin, what control that guy has! He seems to be able to dance the ball through three defenders and maintain possession. He seems to be coming into his own now.

I'm liking this side!!

18. jmh

jmh New Member

Great win!

Warner obviously made the one big gaffe early on but didn't get rattled and made some good saves later in the game.

Baird got beat some again, but came back to make some important tackles too. His passing is no better than Liam's, from what I've seen so far.

Knight was again solid and even played a part in Healy's goal. He made one bad error but Bolton didn't make us pay.

Boca won a LOT of headers and blocked some shots. Took a yellow card late, I think, but it was a soft one.

Konchesky got beat a fair bit by Diouf but his delivery of crosses is a bit better than Baird's, at least. Also, he looks like a space alien, but that doesn't really matter.

Davies delivered some decent corners but I wasn't terribly impressed by his crossing.

Smertin again did a lot of good work and, as Fulhamburger predicted, found the back of the net. He continues to earn his starting role.

Davis was... was he on the field? He wasn't actively bad, but he seemed invisible for a lot of the game.

I don't think Bouazza was BAD, but I'm also not convinced that he's the answer on that wing. Dempsey wasn't on for long enough to make much of an impression beyond what we already know about him.

McBride was decent but not spectacular.

Healy had a great finish and has a really good motor, he doesn't give up on the play. I think I'd say the same about Kamara, from the little we've seen, though it's easier to run hard all the time when you're only on the field for 15-20 minutes.

With a 3rd game in 8 days on Saturday, I'd like to see some changes to the starting lineup, at least to keep guys fresh. I'd like to see Liam and Dempsey get starts, as well as more time for Kamara if he's ready for it. Maybe Diop too.

19. andyns

andyns New Member

No Diop. Notice how LS didn't sub Diop for Smertin? He has learned his lesson.

20. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Just finished watching the game on replay. The back line looked very organized and the midfield seemed to track back on the wings better. Solid defense all game long. I thought Baird looked improved from the first match especially in the second half.

Healy definately has a nose for the net and I would like to see more of Kamara. I really think he is going to be a quality player.

The jury is still out for me on Bouazza. Tracked back quite well but looked tame offensively. I would like to see Dempsey get a start at the wing.

Overall the team looked well organized and showed good grit and hustle down the strech. My only concern was a perceived lack of quality scoring opportunities in the second half.