Bolton v. Fulham [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Mar 12, 2009.

1. psand22

psand22 Member

Boy, the mood of the message board changes almost as quickly as my 6 month old needs a diaper change. I think we got carried away with the purple Kool-Aid and were a little snake bit by Hull and Blackburn.

Tired legs and all, we'll be ready for a good road test. I think we'll be back in our "us against the world underdog status" and come ready to play....but that only means one valuable point in a (2-2) draw. No, I havne't been drinking...two goals in one game on the road.

On a side note...I think, if given the start, Kallio will step up and make up for the poor play against Blackburn. He obviously wasn't expecting to play and it showed.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

alll's RIGHT in the world.

FFC get tired of looking tired and hand BWFC their asses on a ballon draped platter.

Goals by AJ, Davies and Kamara.. go figger!

3. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

You can call me Nostradamus Jr. :lol:
    I better go play the lottery.
    Don, how does your chin feel, now that it can breathe? 8)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Just on the coach on my way back. Oh it feels so good to win away! I had forgotten what it was like to take all three away from the cottage. Even got the chance to share it with some fellow yanks! Great spirits here in Bolton. Coyw's!!!!

5. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Must be one enjoyable ride home Mike!

6. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

Mike- I can hear your singing all the way here!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

7. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I wish I was home to watch the replay. They don't have FSC down here in Puerto Rico, and I don't want to bother testing out the local dives. My commander wouldn't be all too pleased by that.

But it was good to listen to GJ again and hang with everyone in the chatroom. While it sounded far from a pretty game, it's still awesome for the boys to be able to grind this one out and get the win away from home. Shows a lot of character, and that's what I love about them.

8. sullytex

sullytex Member

I guess I should always drink some extra strength brews while making predictions. Wait a second, I do that most of the time anyway. Damn that victory feels good. On to Man Utd who may be a bit weak in the knees (but dont count on it).

I'll be at the Cottage next week for the showdown with the league leaders. Mike/Corky, hopefully see you at the other Cottage for some pre-game festivities! Bet we have a few Liverpudlians rooting for our side. I will be most happy to oblige.

9. AtlantaJohn

AtlantaJohn New Member

Fulhamish

If any of the newer fans wondered what this term meant, surely the last two weeks as shown you only to well.

We go into a period where we play the gunners at the Emirates and I for one felt we could get a result, they were low on confidence, and sure enough we not only got a win but the UK media actually was heard to comment we were unlucky not to get all three points.

We then play a team at CC who are slipping down the table, into the championship according to the UK media again, CC where we have been nearly as good as the big four, we lose with almost the last kick of the game.

We then shake that off and have a mouth watering quarter final with according to some circles the best team right now not only in England but the World, we lose badly in my opinion, going down like lambs.

Then Blackburn, another team fighting the R word, we lose, everyone including the manager says we deserved to lose, this squad is tired and it showed was his quote.

So then the questioning starts, where are we going to get the points, we are tired we cannot score goals away, ETC.ETC. and to be honest who could blame anyone, our leader was telling us that he had a bunch of very tired players, what had started out to be a great 3 match period had floated down the Thames, we looked like a team going the wrong way.

Then on the same day that the invincible machine not only gets beat at home they get crushed Fulham do what they do best, they act Fulhamish.

Boy what fun it is being a Fulham fan, how many teams supporters will celebrate beating Bolton at the Reebok like we will.

10. americanmike

RE: Fulhamish

Just back home...still buzzing.

Good support from our fans as well...more quality than quantity and it was absolutely freezing up in Bolton.

11. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Great win. I can join HatterDon in shaving!!!

Hopefully some supporters will take their fingers off the "panic button" now and just enjoy the rest of the season.

Great job. COYW

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

WE'RE WINNING AWAY
    WE'RE WINNING AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    HOW SHIT YOU MUST BE
    WE'RE WINNING AWAY

What a performance! 75 of the 90 minutesBolton didn't look like they should be on the same pitch. And the generosity of their back line is greatly appreciated.

Congrats to Dio for his return. 1st touch -- Gary Cahill's head. Second touch -- twine. Welcome back! It's good to see you.

Brede's picture is in the dictionary next to "monster". I swear, at least once I saw on of Bolton's midfielders intimidated as a ball came in the air -- he withdrew entirely.

Congrats to you who can drag a razor across your faces again!

Don, post some vitriol for Megson! He may not be in the league next year!

Mike, FSC showed some of the Blawhiarmy after Kamara's goal whooping it up like inmates in a prison riot -- you guys were great!

John, thanks for your insight - even I could see today was the most Fulhamish day in a long time.

Was the most unusual thing I saw today a Fulham road win, a penalty against Man United at Old Trafford, or a straight red against a United player at OT?

Thanks to all of the players!

COYW!!!!

13. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

It wasn't a pretty game, by any stretch of the imagination, but through grit and heart, our boys won it through.

14. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Oh come on Andy we all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and since I was wearing my 3pt googles today I was smitten!

I think Kamara should be playing in every Fulham road match for the foreseeable future. Welcome to the back of the net Dio.

15. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

We finally got some of those bounces on the road that can make all the difference. It may not have been the most beautiful thing, but 3 road goals in a match and a win was much needed. That one basically erases one of the letdowns v Hull & Blackburn.

Nice to see Kamara get some time and find the net again. Good thing for that sub too, as I seriously doubt Boobzy would have finished that one.

We still need the rest, but after United, the boys will get just that. Confidence that we'll stay out of the relegation fray looks to be restored. Great day, great win!!!

16. jmh

jmh New Member

The Hangman is MASSIVE! Great win. :D

17. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

18. americanmike

For any of you shaving your heads...or beards, why don't you record it and put it on youtube with the title: WoooHooo! Fulham win away.

19. Corky

Corky New Member

Im still in shock , what a great win . I should have been there , but with our recent run decided not to bother .
    Over the moon with the result , but sick as a parrot not to be at the game.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Actually, the chin and lip were covered before the "pointless gesture." It's the full beard that goes.

I was away at a rod gig yesterday, on the road when we were playing and packing up when the match was broadcast. I just finished watching it about 20 minutes ago, and am off to the bathroom to get rid of that extraneous facial hair as soon as I've posted this.

Mikey: Dio's goal reminded me very much of our 2nd at Citeh last season in that he took so much time before shooting. Did you guys moan at him [like last season] and then go nuts when he scored?

All's right with the world. I figure 3 points in our last 9 matches is all we need.

United will be pissed next week, though. So be prepared for a hammering.

What a beautiful Sunday morning here in SA.