Bobby Zamora to Fulham for £4m

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Martin-in-Nashville, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

The Daily Mirror is reporting that Fulham are prepared to splash out £4m to capture West Ham striker Bobby Zamora.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, on the one hand, it IS the Daily Mirror. On the other hand, two seasons ago, Zamora was brilliant with West Ham. He'd come on in the last half hour after the defense was tired and bully his way into the penalty area with good results. He's not that big on skill, but he's aggressive as hell and, more to the point with our current pack of "forwards," he's not shy when he's got a scoring opportunity. Not sure he's worth 4m quid, though.

We'll see.

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Lets be fair Fulham needs a Goal scorer 0-0 draws are not going to get them away from the relegation zone, not sure wether or not Zamora is the right person to do that but time is of the essence as they say.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm not sure that will ever happen. I don't think we need more strikers with Healy, Kamara and Duece, and possibly McBride in a few months. We need more midfielders who can get the ball up to those three. We need a strong central midfielder and pace on the wings. We've got one of those in Bouzza. A Michael Bradley like defensive midfielder would be absolutely wonderful.

To reiterate ... we don't need more people up front.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

Martin & quick...i'd have thought a RB would be #1 priority. Guess I'm missing something here

6. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

oh don't get me wrong ... i want to see another RB signed the first day of the transfer window. We need some depth there and someone LS is actually willing to give a chance to. But since he seems so darned confident in Baird's quality, I would be surprised if he both signed and played a new RB anytime this season.

7. BC

BC New Member

If we don't get a better RB in the transfer window, or if we don't at least try like hell, I'll lose a measure of faith in Lawrie Sanchez.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

we haven't scored in the last three matches. Impossible to get three points without scoring at least one goal.

Can't blame Baird for everything, guys.

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Do you guys realize how weird it is to be bitching about the >>Right<<B after all these years?

I think we owe some kudos!

10. BC

BC New Member

I know I can't blame Baird for everything, but we do need a better right back. And a striker. And a holding midfielder (Michael Bradley anyone??).