Blogging Obama's Speech

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 18, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I guess you didn't see the link that was posted. Reverend Wright's every word is being analyzed so as to swift-boat Obama by association.

Call that fair political commentary if you will, but all I know is that if Democrats and their media puppets were analyzing every word and nuance of a Republican candidate's minister, all we'd hear about is how liberals hate religion and think that people who go to church are stupid.

Do you understand my comment now, fog?

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yeah, Obama may have a hard time not addressing this directly before the election.

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I was all for Obama before his church scandal hit the fan; but now my support for him is wavering.

I think he could be one of the best Presidents ever and do wonders for race relations... but he's going to have to take a stand, and he's going to have to say some unpopular things to black America. Like that it's utter stupidity to think gangsta music is the fault of corporations ("Jews") and that AIDS was started by the U.S. goverment to keep black people down.

If he doesn't do this, a lot of people either won't vote for him this election cycle or will lose faith in him and not vote for him the next go round, if he's the incumbent and fails to stomp on race baiting preachers and politicians.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The US is one of, if not the most, tolerant nation on the planet and yet the rest of the world thinks we are racist. How does this help our image abroad and why dont people care about that? Especially when all that is required to see otherwise is to just look at reality.

I have to think Obama wants to improve race relations. With that in mind, I really think that he doesnt want to alienate the one segment of our society that needs to make the biggest adjustment in their view. That's why I am going to let weak criticisms from him suffice with the hope that if he were elected, he would then directly and truthfully address these issues.

The good thing is that I bet there are blacks saying the same thing, only in reverse.

5. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yes, but we also shouldn't let the general election turn into a referendum on race in America, i.e., if you vote Obama you're not a racist and if you vote for McCain you are racist.

Sadly, I think that is what it is going to come to and that's not a healthy development.