"Blizzard" of '08

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 9, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It was about 100 miles wide and spread from about 50 miles south of Cincinnati NNW to Toronto... generally following the path of I 71. I got 14 inches where I live and didnt venture outside my neighborhood only driving 2 blocks to my Dad's to do his driveway, after the Blackburn game.. then again right before dark to take off the 2 inches that fell in the afternoon

It brings out the idiots:
    The difference between a Mustang 'enthusiast' and one who buys it 'cause it's cute!'. No one who knows anything would take a Mustang out in that, no matter what!

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I shoveled 10" twice so I'm thinking we got 20". Deepest snowfall in the 11 years that we've been in Cleveland. What a blast!

It's amazing how much you can get done around the house when you dont have 2 kids soccer games to go to, errands to run, and an evening fundraiser. Yesterday was one of my most productive days in a long time.

As far as driving in the snow, I have noticed the drivers in Ohio cant drive even when the roads are clear.

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Over 23 inches on the east side of Cleveland, the big snow belt part of the city. My family and I didn't even go outside until this morning when I plowed my driveway -- and the snow was up to the top of my snowblower, a big hog-sized piece of machinery. You need a big one living in Cleveland!