Blackburn Rovers at Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, Aug 9, 2019.

1. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

In all of the transfer excitement it was easy to forget that there is a game tomorrow! The Blackburn Rovers come to Craven Cottage after also losing to a team just promoted from League One - Charlton Athletic. After spending one year in league one themselves, Blackburn finished last year at 15th place.

Fulham will have everyone available except Sessegnon (the only one they have now). Hopefully Ream will be fit enough to take Le Marchand's place. I'll also be interested to see how the Riverside construction impacts things, if at all. The club has said any away supporters outside of the away section will be ejected in an effort to give all available space to home fans.

encorespanish likes this.
  2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So, is there such a thing as Fulham Internet radio coverage of their matches?

And, if so, is it free?

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

A better looking staring lineup for today (at least on paper):
    Bettinelli
    Bryan, Ream, Mawson, Odoi
    Johansen, Arter, Cairney
    Cavaleiro, Mitrovic, Knockaert

Subs: Rodak, Le Marchand, Christie, McDonald, Reed, Reid, Ayite

Come on guys, keep that home win streak in the Championship going!

4. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Based on the text commentary and the statistics, it looks like we played a decent match. Can anybody who actually watched the game confirm that?

5. SullyTexan

SullyTexan Active Member

I have not looked yet to see if its offered again, but has anyone signed up for the streaming service for the Championship?

6. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

7. jumpkutz

Without having seen a frame of the match, I see three positives: 1). A clean sheet. Don’t know much about Blackburn, but a zero is a zero. 2). Goals from two guts who SHOULD be scoring goals, Cairney and Mitro. 3). Personnel changes that worked. Knockaert, Arter and Ream replaced Kamara, K-Mac and Le Marchand. One last observation of note: Kamara didn't make the bench, either.

encorespanish and MicahMan like this.
  8. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I have not signed up - still weighing my options and seeing if it will turn into an upcoming birthday gift. However, it is being offered again by Fulham. You can get the audio only game coverage with video replays or get all that plus the live video coverage. Any match on ESPN+ will not be shown live on FFCTV.

Blackburn's marketing department seems to honor the sabbath, so we won't get video from them on YouTube until tomorrow. Until then, we'll have to settle for illicit highlights:

Hard to say much based on that viewing, but it was nice seeing Cairney curl one in with his left foot. The Blackburn keeper seemed to have made a mess of the second goal by letting Bryan's cross bounce through his arms. Another item of note from the stats is that Blackburn had zero shots on target. Good defense? Poor offense? A combination? I don't know but I'll take the three points.

9. jumpkutz

Agree with your assessment MM. The energy level was definitely higher than it was at Oakwell, which you would expect, but not always a given. Knockaert and Arter seemed livelier than last I saw them at their previous clubs. That may continue, it may not. It seems whichever way that goes might be the key to the first half of the season. Fingers crossed that they keep it up.

nevzter and BarryWhite like this.