Bill Richardson

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Jan 4, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well this sucks

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... ews&rpc=69

I blame the shenanigans of Illinois' governor for the loss of New Mexico's governor to the new administration. Without the "senate seat sale" and its subsequent sleaze, a $1.4m contract award in Santa Fe with no evidence of impropriety wouldn't cause a ripple. Thanks a heap, Rod.

Bill Richardson is a decent guy who still has a lot to contribute to the nation. I'm betting even Pettyfog would agree with that assessment. Let's hope this thing gets settled and the president can find something else for him to do.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Dammit, you're right -- he is one of the most responsible members of his party as I view him from across the aisle. Over a deal that is almost chuimp change? This guy has been one of the better foreign policy minds in his party for over a decade and a half and he gets the ax over a simple evidence of impropriety. Hope this isn't the last we hear from him.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Bill Richardson

Not only do I agree with Don, I was going to post much the same view... but I'm SO FUCKING PISSED OFF at both the media and the idiot Obamessiah supporters I probably dare not...

Yet...

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

hmmmmm; deja vu

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Panetta > CIA

Good move. Probably...

On OTHER appointments, I would like to have Don weigh in on Eric Holder as Atty Gen

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Eric Holder, AG

I don't know a lot about him, other that what's in the press, but I did notice that:

a. he was appointed a federal district judge by Ronald Reagan.
    b. he was appointed a federal prosecuter, and asst. AG by Bill Clinton
    c. he was appointed interim AG by George W. Bush
    d. he was appointed AG by Barack Obama
    e. as an investigator, he nailed Rostenkowski and some prominent Demos associated with ABSCAM.
    f. the last time he required senate confirmation [as Asst AG under Clinton], he received unanimous approval off both parties.

The guy has been a lawyer in either the executive or the judicial branch pretty much since he graduated from law school. Everything he's done has pretty much been in the public eye. I'm sure that there's something to hate about the guy but ... aside from the fact that I'm not a big fan of lawyers period ... I can't see anything to bitch too loud about.

Of course, that's not my department. :lol: