Bill Frist's Bad Day

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mnlandshark, Jun 15, 2005.

1. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Wow... double Frist-y smackdown today...

1) First, the good doctor is being accused of not bringing the anti-lynching resolution to a full roll-call vote in the Senate. Instead they get a "unanimous" agreement from the 6 (count 'em... 6... quorum anyone?) Senators that were actually there... Oh, and what of those 12-15 who never even got around to sponsoring the resolution so as to save face with their racist constituencies?

2) Second, the not-so-good-at-being-a-video-doctor doctor gets called to the mat with the Terry Schiavo autopsy... Let's see, the autopsy revealed that the vision centers of her brain were dead... meaning she was blind... but what does Frist-y say?

And this is a potential nominee for President in '08?

Have at it pettyfog ;)

2. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

RE: Bill Frist

And really, pettyfog, I don't post these to bait you... well, I kind of do... but you're one of the few GOoPers I've come across that make valid, thoughtful rebuttal points instead of just saying things like "You're unpatriotic", "It's all Clinton's fault", or "Yeah, but you voted for it before you voted against it"...

I look forward to a beer-filled political discussion in Columbus!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Bill Frist

That will definitely be an interesting part of the trip! We will all look forward to that. Whether you are a donkey or an elephant, this will make for some good conversation for sure!

4. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: Bill Frist

I saw the baby's wang

5. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Bill Frist

Doesn't that post belong in the Michael Jackson thread?

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Why, yes, yes you did. Cue in Pettyfog.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bill Frist

So .. you guys REALLY want to open a debate on "Lynching"? And on a federal law to outlaw it?

Are you sure? I mean ...dont you want to be careful and go back and study some history, first?
    -- - - - - - - - - - -

I mean, REALLY, you are getting into one of my favorite subjects... and a VERY big hot button for me....

You could go back and totally edit to a different point on the topic...

You could ask me to delete the thread altogether and we'd start down a different road... but you're SURE you want to lay this out as a <<<GOP>>> foo-pah?

I'll give you 20 or so hours.....

- - - - - -- - -

On the Schiavo thing... You just MIGHT want to ALSO research connections between Michael, his lawyer, the ownership of that care center, and the county coroner.

You saw the video's yourself, right? Totally blind? Have you ever seen a totally blind person's eyes?

Of course she is conveniently cremated, as well.... As all good Catholics are....

8. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bill Frist

Well you are at an advanatage pettyfog, you are atleast 124 years older than me and thus have more knowledge of history than I could ever have gained in my 26 years of existance.

9. ChicagoFan

ChicagoFan New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Bill Frist

OH.

MY.

GOD.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Are you wearing your tin-foil body armor tonight, PF, or just the hat? :lol:

Let me get this straight -- you're accusing the coroner's office of falsifying an autopsy??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is the problem with today's right-wingers -- no amount of facts, no amount of evidence, and no amount of proof will ever deter them from their delusions, because then their whole house-of-cards belief in the lunatics who pass themselves off as today's Republican party would come crashing down.

Let me guess, PF -- when the photos and scans showing the massive damage to her brain, the incredible shrinkage, and the mush that once was her cerebral cortex are released, you'll claim that the photos are doctored, right? :roll: :roll:

Classic self-fulfilling delusion.

Oh, and on the lynching thing? Guess what all the White Southern Democrats who consistently prevented the adoption of anti-lynching statutes became once Johnson adopted a Civil Rights platform? That's right, PF -- they became REPUBLICANS (with a few of the bigger racists like Strom Thurmond briefly stopping along the way as Dixiecrats). Why do you think the old "solid South" for the Dems so rapidly became a solid Republican block?

Ah, but the Republican party sure is a bunch of good, decent, Christian White folks, ain't it? :lol: :lol:

10. pettyfog

Okay, then..

On the Schiavo case...I dont know, but "your kind" are making a meal out of much more tenuous connections. So you dont findANY of thesoe coincidences, the least bit suspicious? What if a Bush was involved on that side, bet you would perk up then!
    - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Oh, I cant believe you brought up Strom Thurmond! SNAP goes the trap!

First on the "Dixiecrats"... the party shifts were largely on the issues of "States Rights"... you know, the right to allow medical use of marijuana.. type thing.
    The outright rascists were not really welcome in the GOP. MOST or all of them, like George Wallace (who later recanted and begged forgiveness, btw) went independent or stayed Democrat and mellowed their tone. Thurmond was about the lone exception and he had to tone it down even more than he had previously ( remember his black daughter?) but he never belonged to the Klan, unlike The "conscience and elder statesman" of the Senate: Robert Byrd.
    Even after Byrd quit the Klan, in 43, he never shut his mouth for the benefit of his voting base.
    *Against integration of the Army, initiated by Truman supported by Ike.
    - vowed he would never fight "with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."
    *Byrd filibustered the Civil Rights act of 1964
    * Byrd asked J Edgar to look into possible Communist ties when Thurgood Marshall was nominated to the Supremem court. Then voted against him.
    * Also, of course, voted against Clarence Thomas.
    - So...one was too liberal, the other too conservative? No, both were too black.
    * And of course we all know the Great Orator used the "N" word just recently... all shrugged off, of course.

What if Thurmond did that?
    And, MORE intriguing, what if Byrd had had a bastard child with a black women...I'm PRETTY sure, given the tenor of his views and his voters, he would have "taken care of it" but in a much defferent way than ol' Strom.
    - - - -
    In fact, it wasnt just the southerners that voted against the Civil rights act of 64.. It turned out that the Dems needed almost all the majority of Republicans that voted for it. FIRST, of course, to break Byrd's filibuster. Excuses were made by fringe state Dems, using other than race.. usually grounds of States Rights.
    - - - - -
    But before that was Brown v Board of Education in which Republican Pres Ike sent in NAtional Guard to integrate a school, over the protests of a lot of -not just southern- Dems "You will divide this country!", wailed J William Fulbright... he of the scholarship fame.. (BTW, want to guess on % of black Americans studied abroad under that? About 4 % over the last twenty years). Of course, Bill Clinton probably didnt admire THAT side of Fulbright, whom he claims as his inspiration...

Of course, the Republican Party can be accused of many things... but the WORST thing it ever did, politically, was to ignore A Philip Randolph.

This guy ran the largest black special interest in the US in the mid-twentieth century... the Sleeping Car Porters Union. And there WAS a time when he could have been romanced by the GOP.

But, the GOP was not exactly enamored of unions, preferring to ignore ALL of them. After all, you ultimately have to choose whether you're going to be on the side of Labor or Capital and it's hard to please both. And big labor never made anyone a dime on the Stock Market. Unless they were privy to a coming union action and sold short... but of course, THAT never happened! ;)
    And big labor never increased the GDP.

The sad thing is that the GOP COULD have made a case of favoring the black unions, but they didnt know how many swing voters that might affect.. on both counts.

but it's hard to say it's "keeping the black man down", that is if you really LOOK at actions, results and motive of everything the Dems have done in the last 'enlightened years'.
    All with, more or less, good intentions.. but all either failing or with mixed results.

Great Society and the social safety net. Now coming on to the third generation of kids who grew up in the welfare trap. GOP also bears some blame for this as it was they who insisted that no household with a male head of household could get as much benifit as a single mother HOH.

Equal Opportunity: Great, did i get accepted at Michigan because I deserved a chance or to fill their quota... but okay...I graduated with good grades, now did I get hired as the token or because of my record?

Forced integration via bussing. You know how THAT came out, right? Black Parents in almost EVERY city asking for neighborhood schools back so they could have some say in their kids' quality of education.

AND YET!!!!! When a Clarence Thomas or Condy Rice, or even
    Janice Rogers Brown come around... never mind they made it the HARD way, on their own initiative.. they arent the right COLOR of BLACK!

Meaning, they arent willing to talk the party line and advise those who look up to THEM that everything will be fine as long as you vote the right way... Massa Byrd and Massa Kennedy and Missus Clinton will see you get all you need!

BS!

Black America - The Democrats think you're too stupid to get a picture ID, pull the right handle or puch the right hole in the ballot. They think you're such a weak, cowardly bunch, that you're intimated by having to prove who you are and that you are registered.

The Dem Party is just like the post Civil War carpet bagger, who promised the world and gave no more than necessary to keep you tagging along. And he dont WANT you to try it on your own, you might find out that all you have to do is work hard at something and you will owe it all to yourself!

The Democratic voter, like you, might not be, but your party leadership is the biggest bunch of craven hypocrites we have seen since the Daley Machine and Tammany Hall before that.

It's enough to make a lizard puke!

11. pettyfog

By the way...if the above is too much for Chicago Fan to digest here's the short version, just for him:
    WRONG!!!

WRONG!! DixieCrats WERE Democrats

Not ALL wrong... just took the Repubs to get it off the ground and running

So Rapidly? It's not the race issue, it's the Dems strategy of having everything run by the Fed.

And look up some history... and the progression of voters registration... not all that rapid, and certainly NOT for the reasons you suggest.

ONE thing the Libs have done for all of us... is make us understand that it's not enough to pay lip service to "equal rights" you have to live it, and put yourself in the other guys' shoes.
    - - - - -

And gee, i havent even got to the subject of why the Lynching resolution is stupid.
    From the {Anti}Christian {Anti}Science Monitor:
    Fortunately for Markovitz and others like Jesse Jackson, Julian Bond, et al.. who makie a decent living from the Race Biz

But there are others, in both the public -Janice R Brown, Condy Rice- and private life who think it's time to move on... perhaps because they recognize that you can never totally erase bigotry and bias from human nature:
    ...sitting in the shade of a tree less than a mile from where John Richards was lynched.
    - aint it amazing how a really good 'reporter' can inject so much 'meaning' with just a few descriptive words?

12. pettyfog

Re: RE: Bill Frist

I know what you mean, MNLS... thus i can only stomach Hannity for the interviews he has on... have to blank out his simpleton remarks.. and there's always guys like this!
    http://tinypic.com/5ydhl2

You'll have to click on the link to see this guy's usual contribution to political discourse... evidently there's some quirks in indirect linkage

13. BostonDan

BostonDan New Member

Hey Fog - do you mind if I copy your above "thesis" on recent African-American history and send it to Dave Chapelle? If he's working again, he could turn that into a very fine comedy routine. I hope you enjoyed debating with yourself over whether Strom Thurmond or Robert Byrd was a bigger racist back in the 1950's.

14. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

my network is messed up and i keep double posting

OUTRAGE :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Green Face

:mrgreen:

15. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I sometimes feel that this forum is sort of like the zoo

Pettyfog is the giant gorilla sleeping in the cage and the kids come and poke him with a stick until he wakes up and starts yelling, flinging poo and going insane. Kids have a laugh leave, and come back when the big gorilla is sleeping again just to do it one more time.

16. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

An excellent analysis of the situation... If only I had the time today to respond to pettyfog's comments... I don't want the alpha male status around here, but I do need to keep the big grayback (note, not silver... petty's too old for silver ;) ) on his toes...

Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me), I have an interview this evening that will keep me occupied all day getting ready so I won't be able to immediately fight back... but don't think this is dead in the water... I just figure my future livelihood is more important for the day... gotta love Capitalism!

I will get my revenge *insert maniacal laugh and growling Dick Cheney face here*

17. pettyfog

Umm... oh, yes...I see.
    ;)

- - - - - - -
    Hey...GOOD luck!!!

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Pettyfog, I do not know what we would do without you on here! Even when I am not involved in the thread, it still makes for some great reading throughout the day.

Good luck with the interview Jeremy!! Take some speed like Spud in Trainspotting!!! That should seal the deal for you!! Just kidding!

19. americanmike

No worries, thats why we have pettyfog now...

20. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

A quick update... the interview turned into more of an information session/networking/recruiting type deal... I got a chance to meet with the execs of the local office, plus a couple of regional execs... Looks like they're going to fire up the recruiting machine on me next week... we're scheduling a couple of lunches with other execs and then the COO is coming into town in two weeks and I'll get to meet him then...

Turning into a very exciting opportunity...