BEWARE! Cardiff might get promoted!

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Oct 15, 2006.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yesterday, in the Soda Pop League, Cardiff repeated its steamroller imitation in London beating a very solid Crystal Palace team 1-2.

Now, normally I'd be pleased by that because Luton won and that meant that I picked up $3 on my season-long bet with Chicago Tom.

But I'm really alarmed that Cardiff might continue and get promoted to the Prem. Those of you who haven't lived in the lower divisions with them may not be aware, but Cardiff's traveling "supporters" include some of the worst soccer thugs outside of Italy. Nobody in the Prem, not even the vermin who inhabit the Shed, can "measure down" to these yobs. I hate the thought of them invading the Cottage next season.

2. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Somewhere on this forum at the beginning of the season I picked Cardiff to get promoted...strangely I also picked Derby (currently middle of the table, 12th to be specific) and Hull City (rock bottom of the table). I guess I have all the bases covered. haha

3. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Cardiff are with the very worst, a few years back I was in the town when they played Stoke (they are bloody awful too!) in the play off. I was offered tickets, but deciede to hide in the hotel instead having met their fans before. After the game mass fights were held through the town with anyone who looked or sounded English to celebrate the game.

The only time I saw FFC play them was when I was 16. We won 2-1 and played well, there would have been a crowd of 5,500 and of which 500-1000 would have made the trip from Wales. During the day there were 99 arrests - 97 where Cardiff fans for violent contduct and smashing up Bishops Park and 2 where Fulham fans before the game for drunk and disorderly.

I hope that Cardiff have a bad run, and never make it into the top flight of English (not Welsh!!!!) football. Their fans are a disgrace for the most part.

4. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

That's disgusting. But it would be fun to kick some @$$.

5. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

I can honsetly say that being anywhere where there is mass civil disobedience is very frightening, and in mob rules you can get kicked to death without anyone thinking about it or trying to help.

A Fulham fan, Matthew Fox (I think), was punched in the face after a Gillingham game, he fell to the floor and hit his head on a curb stone. This killed him. Kicking some @$$ is not fun (sorry to sound like a miserable old git but I take my kids to football and there is no room for it).