Best Bad Movie Ever ...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Feb 23, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

... is John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China. Fox Movie channel is showing it back-to-back-to-back RIGHT NOW and until 0100 CST.

If you haven't seen this, you really have to. If you have seen this, then get the popcorn and have some fun!

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Don, with all due respect, you are sooooooooo mistaken

Top Gun!!!!

What a terrible movie. Terrible acting, terrible crying by Tom Cruise when Goose dies, cheesiness all around.

What a great, enjoyable, bad movie. I think I'll pop in the DVD again htis morning.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Re: RE: Re: Best Bad Movie Ever ...

A worthy contender. And AC/DC did the soundtrack! I think I have too much worthless knowledge floating around in my head.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

For those somewhat older, there's the first Smokey and the Bandit. For those even older [hello Pettyfog] there's Thunder Road written, directed by, and starring Robert Mitchum, who also wrote and sang the theme song, which was a hit on the rock charts of the time.

I have to argue about Maximum Overdrive, since it was just a bad movie, not a GOOD bad movie -- more in the class of Plan 9 From Outer Space or Hudson Hawk or Howard the Duck.

Anyway, I hope someone else made it to Fox Movie Channel last night to check out Kurt Russell's John Wayne imitation.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Don, I seriously have to disagree with you on Maximum Overdrive. I enjoy watching that train wreck everytime it's on. The way every actor takes their part so seriously (especially Emilo Estevez) is pure comedy.

7. jlough

jlough New Member

I am partial to "Santa Claus vs. the Martians".

8. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Escape from L.A. Only movie I've seen people walk out of the theatre.

9. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

In the Top Gun category..Independence Day, the speech Bill Pullman (as the President) gives to the other pilots has about 8 cliches' back to back, so bad its hilarious. Terrible movie, good alien fun, and the White House gets laser-beamed.

10. bearzfan4lfe

bearzfan4lfe New Member

Whoa, whoa, whoa...that speech has inspired me to great things...I don't think Independence Day is thaaat bad. Independence Day goes under the category for me of Movies You Watch the Rest of No Matter What Point You Accidently Found it at As You Were Channel Surfing

As far as GOOD bad movies, definately Willow with Val Kilmer as Mad Mardigan. Pure Awesome! Star what??? Willow is George Lucas' true gift to society.

11. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Pearl Harbor is another one.

12. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

That movie is one of the worst movies I have ever watched start to finish.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It seems that time has wiped out the classics. Now a movie has to have had a 20 million plus budget in order to qualify for a 'bad movie' ?
    Those named above {except Santa Claus/Martians} are premium cinema fare compared to the schlock mo'om pitchurs of the fifties and early sixties.

I blame the demise of local TV hosted Saturday MidNight movies for the ignorance, here.

But at the least, most here should remember MST3K. Now THOSE were GREAT bad movies!

Roger Corman.. Samuel Z Arkoff.. Who?

Bad cheap scenery, bad lighting, cheap costuming, bad acting, bad script dialogue, poor or no continuity, all those make a bad movie. Ooops I just nominated "Blair Witch Project"
    - - - -- - - - - - - - - -
    However, if we have to choose among the Genre as presented here, I have to say 'Independence Day' and dont forget "Mars Attacks"

But my point is that those really are GREAT 'movies'. Meaning you like to watch them over and over for entertainment value. A BAD movie... you never want to see even one frame of it again.

14. pettyfog

And btw: How do you classify "Hot Shots' and 'Galaxy Quest'.. both are more fun than you can stand.

15. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm with Bearzfan4lf on Independence Day.

For best "bad" movies, I have to go with the Evil Dead series (with Bruce Campbell). Bad acting, horrible dialogue, plot holes you could drive a truck through...and thoroughly enjoyable.

16. pettyfog

"with Bruce Campbell"
    Which explains why. Does he not carry any movie or tv series he's in?!!!

He is the most freakin' underrated comedic actor since ... well, Charlie Sheen!

17. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yep. I saw it in Germany and a number of Germans laughed.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

Howard The Duck is NOT a bad movie!

19. pettyfog

Howard the Duck is a TERRIBLE, DELICIOUSLY BAD movie!

20. EricD

EricD New Member

Anyone ever see the Toxic Avenger
    A couple of others:
    Rambo
    Laser Blast