Berhalter to come back home

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Apr 1, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

MLS Teams falling all over selves to sign him
    'yet to decide'...

heh
    - - -- - - - -- - -
    His current season stats

That's not all bad... unless he's responsible for more than one of the 4 goals, last game.

So... who needs him?
    NYRB!!!! plus that's 'home'.
    LAG
    Dallas
    Maybe KC, maybe RSL

More better info: Money/Contract done...

And looking at his stats on his wiki he does about 1 goal per 10 games. Pretty good.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I realized Berhalter was slipping down in status when he got his side [he was club captain] promoted to the top flight, and he voluntarily left them to join another BL2 club. He's had a solid, if unremarkable, career over there and put in some good shifts with the USMNT, but he never really turned into anything close to someone who could play in a big time league.

Hope he has a nice season or two in the MLS, but he's not going to set anyone's world on fire. Just another routine player. Watch the young speedsters light him up.

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

I will disagree with Don. (Imagine that.)

I think Berhalter has loads of experience that will actually make him a semi-star for a short while and will improve whatever team he goes to immediately. I would bet nearly all of the teams are currently seeing if they can get him in.

4. pettyfog

I'm not gonna dispute you, WB, but there are not that many teams that weak on defense that they can afford the premium.
    [​IMG]
    I can point out ONE team that, if they try to get him, will get their office switchboard lit up and their email server crashed!
    But.. where you are correct:
    90% sure... RB or LAG.
    - - - - -- - - - --
    edit/added:

I've been rethinking this in light of what Don pointed out. If Berhalter has so much fire in his belly he's willing to relegate himself rather than be a squad player on a top flite team, that's the kind of guy we want in MLS.

Witness Gino Padula

5. pettyfog

And the winner of the bidding round is...

Galaxians!

Go figger