Becoming an Eco-Terrorist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Mar 8, 2008.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

YACHT RACER TO ARSONIST

heh... ever notice none of these scumbags come from a 'family farm' background?

THOSE would be kids who understand man's relationship to nature, not hot-house grown children of yuppies.

come the revolution, of course, they will be 'disposed of.'

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Just more hatred and hipocracy being taught at Unv. of Colorado

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

It looks like I'm gonna take another onfavorable position. I support both the ELF and ALF. I support them because....

A-We are destroying the earth we live on and somebody has to do something to stop this.

and

B-Animals are not ours to use. We all live on this earth and should treat both nature and living beings with respect.

I will say though that the person in the OP is an idiot. You should never tattle on the people who put their trust in you.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

FFc24, how exactly do you see ELF or ALF improving the situation for the earth? I don't quite follow the logic of destroying somebody's property according to one's political beliefs improving the environment.

btw...who said animals are not for our use? I'm not saying they are or not. I just want to know how you know animals are not for human use? Do you eat meat or use any animal products?

6. Clevelandmo

Lyle, thanks for the post. I enjoyed reading it and wish more people would seriously think about what he is saying

7. Clevelandmo

Also, FFC24 would you get medical care if you were very ill? Do you realize most advances in medical come as a result of testing on dogs, pigs, and other animals. At the end of the tests these animals are often euthanized.

8. pettyfog

Mo... I dont think that was the right answer. As for me, my head hurts just thinking how to answer.

Perhaps FFC24 would favor us with the sources of his 'knowledge'.

Sounds like a combo of Care2 and some lefty or WSW/green blog

meantime all I can say is when you 'question authority' that means QUESTION ALL AUTHORITY!!!!

9. Clevelandmo

I was just making the point, however poorly, that unless we live in a cave eating plants, we are all benefitting fron the "exploitation" of animals

10. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Yeah, our entire civilization is predicated on "using and abusing" our environment.

I'm thankful we've killed so many animals and cut-down so many trees.

I'm also thankful for oil. I mean, how could any American visit Craven Cottage without oil?

11. pettyfog

God's gift of 'bio-fuels'!!!

heh... that ought to get him going.

Now to get him 'THINKING', I hope.

FFC24.. answer this. Do you believe in 'predators'? should we stop the food chain? If man is 'no better than' any other animal, who are you to deny our place in the food chain?

the DIFFERENCE is MAN has the smarts to think ahead and see that he is 'predating' his foodstuffs and environment into his own extinction.

Sadly, the by-product of that is folks who think like you... or knit sweaters and booties for their pets. But I suggest it's still worth it.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Oh, now I understand why you all hate environmentalism. It's a religion and it's not "THE religion."

13. pettyfog

Well. ISNT it?

what is it you do in Church, anyway Don?

Dont answer that, it's rhetorical..

14. Lyle

Lyle New Member

What are you talking about? Who hates all enviromentalism? What is "THE religion"?

15. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

If you destroy their factories they shut down sometimes. If you put enough pressure on the bastards who test on animals they will shut down eventually. That's how I know it improves the situation.

Vegetarian and the other answer is no.

16. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Stem Cell research can solve alot of problems. Other forms of research can be used. You honestly think that abusing an animal is really helping anything? Are you guys that naive? Their bodies are different and I haven't read about anything being helped by killing a Monkey or making a Beagle smoke dozens of cigs a day. It doesn't work, nor will it.

Also I try my best to use natural forms of medicine. This Drug shit is horrible. They give it to you to make their profits and you become dependent on them. Screw all of that crap. If I can't get it up when I'm 70 then that obviously means I don't need sex. If I can't go to sleep, then I don't need no damn drug as I can help myself go to sleep.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

My questions were on two different topics brought up...

On the environment question...

Who is "their" factories? How do you discriminate which factories to target for eco-terrorism? What happens to the workers who become unemployed? Do you not care about them? And how does it exactly improve the environment? Do you have evidence that it would?

On the animal question...

Since you are vegetarian...does that mean you drink milk or use eggs? Do think that qualifies as man using animals for personal gain? If no, why?

18. pettyfog

He wont address my points, HEather... and his last response raises more questions than answers.

FFC24: Do you believe in Darwinism or not?

19. Clevelandmo

They dont think that testing on animals means it will work in humans, but the FDA wont let you even think about testing on humans until you've shown it's safe or works on animals. It's called preclinical trials - it's PC for animal testing. Almost any drug or significant medical procedure is developed using animals.

However, I wish everyone had your hands-off attitude about drugs. It just drives up our medical costs and I'm sick of those commercials.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What? Darwinism is another religion? Is he supposed to be the messiah? The right wing continues to make me chuckle.