Beckham out of World Cup

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SteveM19, Mar 14, 2010.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

2. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I am no fan, but I don't hold any ill will that would make me delight in his injury. For all the good that has happened to him he has seemed to have his fair share of the bad as well.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

The conclusion to the Beckham Experiment has just been written.

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I think Becks is quite dim and a bit empty, but that is par for the course for many of the superstar footyballers. I did think that he really cared about playing for England though so I am really sad for him. I would have loved to see him be a hero for England in SA at his age, and that really could have been a reality because he can still consistently send those balls in like nobody else. Instead they are left with Terry who really should just be booted off the team. To me it is an ugly reality for England and while things could be better for the US at the moment, I'll take what we got. This is a blow to England as far as I'm concerned.

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

While he's certainly a useful weapon to have at your disposal off the bench I don't know that he was going to have much impact in the World Cup.

Saw that the surgery this morning was successful and they expect he'll rejoin Galaxy with 4-6 games left this year. I wonder if this doesn't move up his ownership timeline. Achilles injuries are supposed to be very tough to come back from.