Because Rush Said So!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Mar 17, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I didn't get all the information about this, because I was in the changing room of my local gym this afternoon around 5 central, but the CNN guy who hasn't smiled since 1948 had his usual 'viewers respond to the question of the day' and there was this one woman from Texas who said:

Limbaugh said that good Conservatives should vote for Hillary since she can't possibly win in November. And so the members of our very conservative Republican family all voted in the Democratic Primary, and all of us voted for Hillary. That's 16 votes for Hillary JUST BECAUSE RUSH LIMBAUGH TOLD US TO. :shock:

Seig heil, anyone? :roll:

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

This happened in Ohio too. See below from the Plain Dealer (Cleveland's newspaper)

Thankfully, the local party officials are more intelligent

The interesting thing is that to vote in a Democratic primary in Ohio you have to sign an oath swearing to support the Democratic party. It is a felony if you dont honor the oath and there is talk of investigating some Republicans who crossed over on primary day. I believe there is something similar in Texas because Dennis the Menace, along with Willie Nelson, filed a suit over a democratic pledge he had to sign as a Democratic presidential candidate. I have to say that I agree with the Menace on this one. It seems like a violation of your rights.

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Because Rush Said So!

WHAT!!!!! I never heard of that. Even from my brother who did that.

And HTH is it a 'felony'. what law supports that? What are they gonna charge you with?
    {added}
    Heh.. Should'a known! here's the answer.. right in your 'Plain Diller'
    There's ALSO no way of determining intent. Like the PD says, WHAT prosecutor is going to... Oh, wait. It's Cleveland we're talking about.
    ;)

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Nothin' that weird in TX. All you have to do to vote in a Demo primary here is not mind being real lonely.