Baseball 2020

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jumpkutz, Feb 6, 2020.

1. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

I think Kim can get the cards a win if the offense shows up, but don't know about Wainwright or Flaherty. Wainwright has been terrific this season though. He's ageless! Can he throw one more gem this season? I guess we will see.

2. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

Tough loss in game one for the Twins...giving up 3 runs in the top of the 9th in a tie game. Hopefully they can bounce back today.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Worst part ES was the were all unearned, 2 out routine force out at 2nd and your shortstop decided he wanted to add flair to the out instead of setting his feet.

encorespanish likes this.
  4. SoCalJoe

@stlouisbrad @jumpkutz RIP to pitching legends Bob Gibson & Whitey Ford. I would imagine the city of St. Louis and amongst Cardinal fans Gibson’s passing was huge news. Let’s hope that bad news doesn’t come in threes this time.

On the field Game 5 between Tampa Bay & New York should be tense affair.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Of two minds as we go into the next round of the endless baseball playoffs. I've been a Houston fan since the first days of the National League Colt 45s, and I'm tired of everyone pretending that the Astros invented sign stealing. Having said that, I'm also the guy who believes that the post season is for winners -- NOT runners up.

I'm on record wanting there to be a NL West & East and an AL West & East and only the first place teams in each division play post-season.

So, here's my two minds. The Astros finished the 60 game "season" under .500. They're about to take on Tampa Bay who steamrolled the East Coast. I ALWAYS want the Astros to win, but I'm afraid that this season's "everybody gets a trophy -- except for the Rangers" will continue next season.

So, I'm content with the Astros losing to the Rays [I still don't think Tampa or Miami should have a franchise, but that's another rant] and going to to play against the Braves -- who are almost as fun to watch as the Padres. And then next season, only winners have a chance to win.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  6. SoCalJoe

So much for the hope of a third legend not passing. Never saw Ford or Gibson, but do remember the Big Red Machine and their dynamo 2nd baseman. @pettyfog is the one Cincy fan on here, hope he pops in. RIP Joe Morgan. As kids when we played baseball at the park every summer day everybody loved to do the Morgan windmill bat/arm flap

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    encorespanish likes this.