Arizona

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JohnnyCash, Mar 28, 2005.

1. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I leave for Arizona for a week on Wednesday. So you can imagine i'm not getting much done at work today making last minute arrangements and stuff.

Anyway, i'm going to be in Tucson most of the time, going to the Sonoran Desert Museum and Saguaro National Park. A friend and I are then gonna go backpacking in the Grand Canyon for a few days, then head out to Monument Valley near Utah before heading back to Tucson.

Then i'm gonna make a brief...uh stopover in Vegas to visit an ex girlfriend for the day before flying back to DC.

Anyone got any suggestions for Grand Canyon, Tucson or Vegas?

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Dude, make sure to head to the Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Its just cool to say you went there... I went back packing down and up and it was amazing...superb views. As for Tucson, I can't say much and as for Vegas...hmmm, I'm sure I don't have to say much but as for the ex...hmmm....?!

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Is Jessie Spano from Saved By the Bell still performing lounge tricks as she was in Showgirls in Las Vegas? If so, that is a must.

If it were me, you can't go wrong with Wayne Newton!! He's a real hoot! LOL!

Sorry Johnny, I am being obnoxious. Trip sounds like a blast. The closest I ever got to the Grand Canyon was when the Brady Bunch went there. That being said, I have little to no suggestions. Have fun!

4. cdubbs

cdubbs New Member

RE: Re: Arizona

You can take helicopter rides over the Grand Canyon, I have some friends who did this recently and said it was a blast.

In Vegas you can always cruise the Bellagio.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Pima County Air museum... if you like planes. I toured it 25 years ago... and it was interesting to see plane protypes that didnt see production till 5 years later.

Forget "Old Tucson" tour.

Are you going to do a tour of the "Chicken Ranch"?
    :twisted:

6. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Just got back last night.

Sorry Petty, didn't get a chance to hit up the brothels in vegas, just lost about $100 on the tables.

So I guess for anyone who may be planning a trip to AZ in the future, I'd really recommend Sedona. its about 30 minutes South of Flagstaff. Its a little bit touristy but the scenery is comperable to the Grand Canyon, pretty amazing place besides for all the new age loonies that inhabit the place

7. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Welcome Back Johnny!

8. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Now I want to go to Southern Utah...

suggestions? I'm probably going to Zion area in September and some other places to do some hiking/climbing.

I'm on a little "east coast sucks" kick right now

9. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Re: RE: Re: Arizona

Dude... do you know how hard it is to get a decent drink in Utah? You can't even buy cold beer in the liquor stores...

And, well, let's face it... can you survive without adult beverage? You may want to bring along your own IV pack of alcohol ;)

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: Arizona

If you're into mountain biking you should check out Moab. Always wanted to try it out, out there.

11. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: RE: Re: Arizona

Isn't that what checked bags are for?

But seriously, it's been a few years since I've been through southern Utah, so my knowlegdege is pretty limited. However, www.go-utah.com has a pretty nice section on the southern part of the state.

12. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Trust me Jeremy, I had enough adult beverages in Ohio to last me awhile. Add on top of that a bachelor party the very next weekend, and I'm alcoholed out for quite some time.

I think I'm too uncoordinated to mountain bike, especially out there on slick rock, it makes for a hard landing. Not as hard a landing as rock climbing however.

Thanks for the site Jux

13. americanmike

I dated a girl from Arizona once...

14. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I dated a girl from New York once

15. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Arizona