Apple Users Lose Smugness

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 6, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's always irritated me that 'Mac" users so easily respond to MS targeted hacks and viruses with the comment that "Doesnt happen with a Mac"
    Well.. now it does!

- Financial times; {req registration}

The problem of course was that Windoze was an easy target... and the initial malware were designed by cyber-punks who only wanted to vandalize stuff. Those tended not to be Mac users... rather they were usually 'open-source' / Linux advocates. But Apple advocates usually got the wrong message from it.. often attributing their good fortune to 'Superior Apple Technology'.

Not surprising since many of them also believe Apple 'invented' the Graphical User Interface*.

The chickens are coming home to roost, though.

Now we see Quicktime, Iphone and Ipod hacks are increasing.
    I'm not gonna dance a jig, but I have to say I dont have much sympathy for those who've been loudly 'Anti-Microsoft'.

Just as I wont when it starts hitting Unix/Linux users. :twisted:

*For you 'civilians' .. almost everything you use, commonly referred to as 'User/Network Interface' in getting 'to the WWW'... you owe to Xerox.

Yep XEROX!!... as a company.. FIRST in Research and Development, LAST in knowing WTF to do with it.

Added for IT geeks, only: Second in the 'Clueless Corp' category goes to Novell. {Need a hint? Think 'Got -and OWNED- UNIX ...for FREE!'}