Anyone going to Wigan? I need cheering up!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Fulham_Adam, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Fulham_Adam

Fulham_Adam New Member

Best friend is going to Manchester Uni and I had to say goodbye to her last night so feeling like crap atm.

I'm going to the game so hopefully we get 3 points to make my weekend a happy one! Could do with some company though to talk about all things Fulham, sadly none of my friends support the mighty whites.

2. jmh

jmh New Member

I wish I could but the round trip from New York is a killer. :cry:

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Adam; Most of us have to live vicarously through others for match reports in person, so have a great time and be sure to share your experience w/us. Not sure if American Mike is going, I'm sure he'll chime in. Are you going on the coach? If so, you certainly won't have to worry about company.

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the trip to Wigan this weekend, but I will be watching the match at the Golden Lion. Hoping Fulham gets the 3 points this weekend. It is a winnable away match and would be a fantastic boost to the side.

I'll make it to the City match and possibly the Bolton Carling Cup match in mid week. Enjoy the match and COYW's.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'll miss you in the chatroom, Kev; but, given the option, I'd rather be in the Lion having a pint with you guys!

6. Team_of_McBrides

Called ahead to see what time the Fulham match would be televised and my worst fears were confirmed when they stated the game is not being aired. :(

Still heading out to the Fulham pubs to watch the other matches and from the list of fixtures it should be a good day for football.

COYW's.

7. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi T_o_M,

UK broadcasters are prohibited from showing live football matches between 3pm and 4:45pm on a Saturday. There are some pubs that do it, but they are illegally picking up feed from the continent.

Highlights of todays games will be shown on Match of the Day on BBC1 tonight and usually extended highlights are available from Sky Sports from 10pm.

8. Team_of_McBrides

GBFC... Thank you for the tip. I will try to find a tele with Sky Sports soon. Wonderful atmosphere at the Golden Lion today and some top supporters.

*Call me crazy as well, but I believe my friends and I passed Volzy walking down Fulham High St. If it wasn't him then he would win a look-a-like contest hands down.