Anyone else vaguely interested in the MetroStars?

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by NJGlen, Feb 17, 2005.

1. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Anyone else vaguely interested in the MetroStars? I went to a couple of games, when I was craving live football, but it was with my Missus who is not a great lover of sport. I'd like to have a team to support here and watch live occassionally - does anyone else go/follow their news?

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I can't say I am a huge MLS fan, but I go to a few Chicago Fire games every season. As far as the Metro Stars, they are my second favorite team in the league. I am not die hard about either team, but I know what it going on with the Fire. It is nice to have MLS to watch in the summer after the EPL ends and before the new EPL season starts again in August.

3. madrat

madrat New Member

i keep saying i'm going to get more into the la galaxy- but never do... no excuses really anymore- home depot center is a great place to see a game... enjoying the epl season a lot this year- i'll have to give some attention to the galaxy.- opposite coast from the metro stars though...

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Yeah..i'm interested in seeing the Crew beat their arses!

;)

Seriously....Tom, i have the feeling the Fire will be revitalized.

While Madrat now has TWO choices at the HD center.

Unfortunately, while LA has TWO TEAMS, it also has two coaches who have sucky resumes!
    I'm betting on Steve Sampson to not last the year out... UCLA knew better than to hire him, WTH would the Gals?!!! And the guy is making the same kind of weird player decisions he made in 98 WC.

I see the Fire and DC U fighting it out for the east this year, until the last month when The Crew and Fire fight for a distant second... Freakin' Crew had their chance last year, losing only FIVE GAMES IN THIRTY - will actually play better this year yet still end up third in the East table.

KC, though wearing "This Team for Sale" on their kits, will win the West again, with Dallas coming on amazingly strong.
    RSL will be amazing for a startup, due primarily to Steve Ellinger taming Cletus and picking a really good set of cast-offs. You just cant beat a professional coach!

But the quality of MLS play has drastically improved over the last few years. Take in a few, you may be disappointed on the average night, but once in a while everything clicks and magic happens!

BTW.. Tino Palace, of MLSNET went to Fulham to watch the Aston Villa game.. some interesting commentsThe Clean Sheet: T.C.S.U.K.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Pettyfog, I do like the the direction the Fire are headed in. We will see how things pan out when the season starts in April.

That is a nice article as well Petty. I found it funny how the Fulham Press staff were the ones who were loudest and such in the press box. In the American Press, those people would have gotten the sack. Rule #1 about being in the press box and in the press core is not to be vocal in cheering. It is unprofessional. Perhaps things are a bit different over there.