Any puckheads on this site?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SteveM19, Oct 13, 2007.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I'm a big Carolina Hurricanes fan, I was stationed at Ft Bragg for a while and they won me over. The 'Canes just had an undefeated run through Canada, including abusing Totonto 7-1 in their own barn! Their cup hangover is gone -- they will be heard from in the playoffs this year

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

'canes are good and I had fun at a couple of their games while I was working in Raleigh several years ago.

Otherwise, couldnt care less about hockey.. YMMV, that's all good.

3. jaxcottager

jaxcottager New Member

Let's go Caps!!

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I like hockey! Was at a game last night in fact.
    Wild are 4-0 to this point and looking good.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Hells yeah.

Went out to the Garden last night, where the Rangers were unfortunately made to look pretty bad by Martin Gerber and the Sens. I know it's only five games into the season but this team's inability to put away chances is getting frustrating.

7. fulhamfaninMS

fulhamfaninMS New Member

Gotta love some pucks baby!! I bleed BLUE.....ST. LOUIS BLUES!!!!! We also have a minor league team here in north MS named the Mississippi Riverkings.....gotta love you so minor league hockey....almost like college football...you can see their passion right on their sweaters. GO BLUES AND GO KINGS!!!!

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Aren't the Rangers the NHL's equivalent of the Blue Poo? Both of the have few trophies for clubs that think so highly of themselves. Both went years without a title. Dolan and Abramovich are cut from the same meddling cloth. Shevchenko and Jagr both are supposed to be the best goal scorers in all of creation, both disappointed last year and I expect more of the same this year. Both made a lot of noise this year about winning the Cup or the League, and both will walk away empty handed. Both play in barns that once were great but now are old and smelly and have seen their best days pass them by. Both have goalkeepers that wear helmets. Both are managed by officious Portugese louts who wear trenchcoats, whine whenever the smallest thing goes against them, cry ever time the ref blows the whistle against them and are hated by everyone else in the league, especially their neighbors that wear black, white and red ... Oops, sorry, got carried away there.
    One thing the Rangers have is Drury. He reeks of class and leadership. You can root against the Rangers, but you can't root against Drury.

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Keeps your Blues, your Canes, your Caps, and your Rangers. The wild just shutout the cup holders tonight and are 5-0, only undefeated team remaining. Four fights tonight aswell.

[​IMG]

10. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

My name is MK and I am a puckaholoc. I truly love both games, 'ockey & futbol. I grew up a Kings fan and went to games as a wee lad. Arrived in the Bay Area the same time as the Sharks in '91, so they are my team. I had to witness some pretty #@^%y hockey. It is great being able to see where they are now. Unfortunately, they now have the kiss of death. All the "experts' pick them to win the cup, we'll see.
    Well heres to my boys in Teal & boys in White... GO SHARKS & COYW!!
    MK

11. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Like most proud fans who follows his teams in various sports w/keen interest, I welcome all bandwagon fans, but with a small sense of cynicism. When it comes to hockey the roles are reversed, and I have to admit I'm a bandwagon Ducks fan. I live about 15 minutes away from The Pond (it's called the Honda Center now). I've been to a couple of games over the years, but only pay attention at playoff time.

12. jmh

jmh New Member

Ugh, I feel the complete opposite. Drury is monstrously overrated. The media go down on him because "he's a winner" or some shit, like the fact that he was on a team that won a Little League World Series has any bearing on his ability to be a hockey player in the NHL. And then because he was a bit player on loaded teams at BU and Colorado, his reputation grew. He was like the eighth best player on the team when Colorado won the Cup. Luis Sojo has three World Series rings because he was in the right place at the right time, but that doesn't make him a superstar either. Drury was a bad signing and I'd take Nylander back in a second.

13. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Let's go Black Hwaks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the puck.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Love the Sharks...and anybody who is playing the Red Wings.

The "kiss of death" may apply in reverse this season because of two words: Joe Thornton

15. jmh

jmh New Member

MURRAY SMASH. :D

16. mcwarrior31

mcwarrior31 New Member

I am with Spencer on this one... Minnesota Wild!! You need only to attend one game and you will be hooked. Unless of course you are Canadian, then it's illegal to root against the mother land.

17. dave2d2

dave2d2 New Member

Grew up playing hockey as well as soccer. Big NJ Devils fan!

18. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Playoffs!

The playoffs are underway. I know you think you don't care but you don't know what your missin. Yes really, don't be ignorant.

EAST
    Montreal leads Boston 1-0
    Washington v Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh leads Ottawa 1-0
    New York leads New Jersey 1-0 should be a good one!

WEST
    Detroit lead Nashville 1-0
    San Jose v Calgary tied at 1-1
    Dallas leads Anaheim 1-0

and finally Colorado lead Minnesota 1-0
    MN lost in overtime last night after coming back from two down. Stunk!
    :(

19. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

And the Canes disappoint again :( . Oh well, they won one Stanley Cup in my lifetime, that's better than what a lot of Leafs fans can say.

20. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

well spencer, i have to disagree, very happy for that result, being out here in Denver. Glad to see Theodore finally playing consistently well.