Any other EPL Team you Support?

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dave2d2, Jan 19, 2008.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Fulham is far and away #1, but I also like Crystal Palace. They are my #2. I just hope we are not playing them next season in the Coca-Cola Championship.

2. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Reading is the team I "picked" when I got FSC, due to proximity to my home town and I actively support and watch them (I think Coppell is the best English manager). However, while I initially got interested in Fulham due to the Dempsey move, I have stayed an avid fan due to the FulhamUSA community (something Reading doesn't have).

So, I cheer for both Reading and Fulham and, if they face each other, just hope for a well-played game with good participation by the Americans.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Which reminds me of an old terrace ditty [to the tune of "Land of Hope and Glory" -- it's the English nat'l anthem you guys, and you might have graduated to the tune under the title "Pomp and Circumstance"]

uh hum

We hate Nottingham Forest
    We hate Liverpool too (and Ipswich)
    We hate Manchester United
    But Fulham we love you (all together now)

lather, rinse, repeat.

There was nothing against Notts Forest; just that their name scanned so well. On any given Saturday, there were 40+ stadia filled with people shouting their hatred for Forest -- and that was BEFORE Brian Clough!

First song I ever taught to HatterMom, by the way.

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Wakey Wakey Don, it's just a dream O'l boy!

5. IanHux

IanHux New Member

The Gunners - they play beautiful football, plus the fact that quite a few people thought Tottenham were going to leapfrog them in the table this year.

... and with a completely hypocritical view- Tottenham Hotspur. I have a softspot for them... they can play some inspiring football.

EDIT: I now hate myself for spewing such nonsense!!!!!! This no longer is true and will never be true! I'm proud to declare that I'm Fulham till I die!

6. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

QPR...

...not really, but thought I could get on the bandwagon now...

I follow Celtic & Barca - don't ever see too much conflict b/w them and Fulham.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Villa... purely from interest in how they fare under a slightly different view of American ownership by way of Randy Lerner.

Also because they are managed by Martin O'Neill who Fulham SHOULD have got when he was available.

Also after seeing how Villa took their summer matches against Toronto and Crew seriously and showed us how Prem teams ought to be playing them.

But it's just 'interest in'.. I dont even make an effort to watch Villa games.

8. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

:shock: ... :wow: ..... :( ...... :3d crying: ...... :| ..... :x ... NO!!

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

When this thread started I was still kidding myself w/ being a Man U fan, so I opted to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt .

Now, to quote an eloquent post from earlier in this thread,

No.

Sorry to the Americans on Reading and Derby, sorry to all the other teams in the lower half of the table, but better you go down than us.

10. RoddyFFC

RoddyFFC New Member

I consider myself as die hard as any of the "No" answers on this thread and understand where they are coming from, but I'll admit I support Arsenal a bit. To me, the Prem is split into two groups at this point: The big four and everyone else. The big four try to win the trophy, and everyone else tries to reach Europe on good seasons and stay up during bad ones.

So I follow Fulham through and through, but root for Arsenal to win the hardware when it comes down to the big four because I just love the way they play.

11. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

Being a newbie to soccer, I don't really know the history of the other teams and really don't know a whole lot about the lower leagues, but like some others mention, there are 2 leagues in the Prem, the big 4 and everyone else. I will only go out of my way to see Fulham. I ordered Sentanta a few weeks back because I have the Fulham bug so bad now.

I also like watching Tottenham because of the way they play, and Liverpool as well. I will not go out of my way to catch a game however.