Any Browns fan?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by kwdawson, Sep 27, 2005.

1. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Are there any browns fans on this board? I live in Tampa florida so I got to put up with the Bucs fans.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Not HERE, BUB!! Maybe Jux. Maybe Cleveland Simon

I live on the SW Ohio side and every time I drive by a trailer park or a convenience store or see yet another rusty Camaro or Monte Carlo with Earnhardt "03" and Browns stickers on it, I see another reason for me to rejoice at shunning the Team that Paul Brown built then dumped him.

Cleveland fans deserve scorn for not running Modell out of town in the sixties when he screwed PB, they got it all back when he turned around and screwed them.. and the karma aint all paid back yet.
    Only thing better than Bengals beating Browns is Bengals beating Modell!
    {yeah, I know if he hadnt dumped PB, there'd be no Bengals.. but it's the PRINCIPLE of the thing.}

I think in about 5 years, it's bygones.

Meanwhile good luck.

3. Jux

Jux New Member

Re: RE: Any Browns fan?

Nope. I route for my hometown Cowboys.

4. pettyfog

No problem with accidents of birth... but pardon my snicker.

Cowboys good: Staubach, Aikman Smith

Cowboys bad: "America's Team" {snicker}

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

This is the funniest thing I have read in the last month. I love the use of the word BUB for one. Also, the rusty Camaro and Monte Carlo quote got a laugh or fifty out of me. Well done Petty!

6. Jux

Jux New Member

Eh....it was a bad marketing term from the 70s. I never liked it.

7. pettyfog

While I really dislike making fun of the less fortunate, it is absolutely true to the point of caricature... Dayton TV station once thought it would be a good idea to have reps of Browns and Bengals fan clubs in studio to comment on the big CB/CB game, and that was the first and last time.

Dunno if Browns fans called and complained or not, but the Browns Fan Club Pres was missing half his teeth and his flock looked like they had failed cattle call as extras for "Deliverance" as being TOO MUCH SO to believe!

The Bengals fans, OTOH, looked like .. accountants.
    - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - -
    To make myself perfectly clear.. this is ONLY the case, AFAIK, in SW Ohio.

Sirk, my favorite humorist/ Crew writer is a Browns fan...and I usually spar with him during the season, but have laid off so far as it's not really fair.

8. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Im not a nascar fan and Im not missing any teeth but I love the browns. I use to live in ohio so thats how I became a cleveland fan. Living in florida is like being a soccer fan in america the only way to follow your team is on the internet. I just wanted to see if their were any browns fan that I could talk to about this season. In my opinion a drunk redneck fan is better then a soccer mom talking on her cell phone during a game.

9. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

RE: Re: RE: Any Browns fan?

Yes, my name is Cleveland Simon, and I am a Browns fan

10. kwdawson

kwdawson New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Any Browns fan?

Do you think we will have a decent year or will we be playing for Matt Lineard?

11. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Any Browns fan?

As long as we don't keep getting touchdowns returned for stupid ass fouls that they can't show on TV what the foul was about. Then I loved the play the other week where a pass hit a ref on the head, and then one of our linesmen catches the ball - foul - illegal receiver - what the f$%^? If one of their team caught the ball it would have been an interception. Stupid ass rules, the more I watch NFL, the more I hate it. But I do watch every week on my TIVO so I can fwd through all the baloney.

12. The_Kardiac_Kid

The_Kardiac_Kid New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Any Browns fan?

I'm a BIG Browns fan even though i'm British, and am flying over for the Miami game in November. This cost me ?700 and my Fulham season ticket only cost me ?560!