Antonio Puerta

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 28, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

What a sad way to go. So young and with so much to offer.

3. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Just read the Sky Sports article... I am at a relative loss of words. Only 22 years old. The same age as me. The last way I am sure he thought he would go.

All the best to his family, friends and the Savilla supporters. Tragic...

4. jmh

jmh New Member

Wow. Brutal weekend for young soccer players. :(

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Shocking to say the least. Between this and the Ray Jones death football is definitely taking a backseat to the lives of these two promising youngsters. This is really sad.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

To top it all, the young man was about to become a father for the first time in a month, just a tragic loss of life.

7. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Once again life proves it is not always fair. A sad day indeed.

8. krhimself

krhimself New Member

The guy had a blossoming career, a wife, and also a future as a father. ChiTom put it best, football really becomes miniscule when things like this happen.

The sequence of events leading up to Puerta's passing looked eerily similar to that of a Walsall youth player, who also ended up passing away. And today, a Leicester player (Clive Clarke) collapsed in the locker room at half-time of their CC match; the refs and staff decided to abandon the game right then and there.

I'm hoping that this isn't a beginning of some kind of trend. It certainly may raise awareness...

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Now that I've overcome some of my melancholy and sadness regarding Puerta. And after hearing about others who recently met similar fates. And after remembering those prior (Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis).

Two potential causes immediately jump into my mind, heart condition and/or supplements.

10. krhimself

krhimself New Member