Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven Cottage

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

The sideline, or touchline as I believe they say in England, is very close to the stands. We were in the 5th row, one section from midfield. They were nice seats, but overshadowed by the result. When Sunderland scored right B4 the half, it was kind of like being kicked in the stomach - considering our hopes and the journey from Cleveland.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

trust me, Mo; the experience of meeting folks, seeing the Cottage, making the trip will all outlast the result.

Glad you could make it. Wish we could get over. I'm hoping for Spring -- maybe for the Barnsley match!

3. Clevelandmo

What I meant was when the bad guy scores 3, you may not want to be so close.

Did you take a look at my pics?

4. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Mo, thanks for posting the pics, looks like everyone had a great time.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Great stuff Mo and thanks for meeting at the Lion, but don't be so downheartened about the result. Players/results/managers come and go but Fulham will always have it's supporters which is the most important thing you experienced last weekend.

As for my accent, it's funny how you think I have an english accent and the english think I still have my American accent. Transatlantic I guess.

6. HarbordSteve

HarbordSteve New Member

Thanks to all...

A bit delayed as work last week was a bear, but thanks to Terri and Mo and hubbys for a great day at the Golden Lion and match. And special thanks to Mike for hooking me up with a late ticket! Sorry to not attend the post-match session, but I was thoroughly devastated after the game and needed to catch up on some work. But the photos are great and I hope to remain friends with all of you for a long time. Through thick and thin FFC action - let's just hope yesterday wasn't a fluke and Liverpool/Pompey don't have much to play for in the coming weeks!

Steve

7. Clevelandmo

RE: Thanks to all...

Steve, it was great meeting you. I still cant really believe the Sunderland result. I was expecting more like what we saw yesterday against Reading. Anyway beggers cant be choosers; let's just hope it continues. COYW's

8. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Fulham v. Sunderland pics

I've added more...I haven't had a chance to put them into appropriate folders as of yet and I am still adding pics; however, if you can't wait, feel free to go to my Flickr page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starwhoreph3

Cheers!
    Terri

re: Steve- I hate that we didn't get more time to hang out...it was a bit of cat-wrangling that day and I have a very interesting story involving the night bus from later that night when you are back in Atlanta!

re: Mo- you're class! I'm so glad that we met and I do hope to see you again soon!

9. Clevelandmo

Terri, fantastic pictures! Thanks so much. Did Patrick take all of those, I swear I saw him eating a hot dog in one of them. They are amazing pictures, especially the action photos of the game. Can Patrick just be a producer in London so you, and your yank visitors, can see Fulham all the time? I'm sure that you can teach the limeys a thing or two about the English language.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

terri, who's the woman with you in the pix? Is that Mo? What a couple of foxes!

Thanks for the pictures. The early ones especially made me really miss England and especially London.

11. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

The Fulham USA gang at The Golden Lion

[​IMG]

HarbordSteve, American Mike, Nick (nmancini), Mike, Terri, Mo and Mo's boys in the front[/img]

12. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

RE: The Fulham USA gang at The Golden Lion

I have pics of the other friends and family members on my site...the new pics were taken by my husband, Patrick:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/starwhorep ... 199015168/

Mo: nah- Pat's not in any of the new ones. Not sure which guy you thought was him, but the dude eating the hot dog at the game is my friend Gav :).

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: The Fulham USA gang at The Golden Lion

wow. What a great picture. Thanks to the Fulham v. Sunderland gang for letting us share in their [mostly] fun day out.

14. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Great Pix, I am jealous of you all

15. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Thanks Mo and Terri for the pics, great stuff and COYW's

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I wish I had a clapping icon because that would sum up the great collection of photos everyone has been kind enough to share.

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If I was smart enough about such things , I'd photoshop the San Francisco group, the NYC group, the Dirty Whites, the Clevelanders, and the Fulham/Crew crazies etc. into the picture and turn the results into FUSA wallpaper.

18. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I'll post a few photos of the Rock and Roll division of FUSA from this coming weekend.

19. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I have friends who could totally do that! Maybe we should start a thread where you post your "local supporters group" pics...

20. Bocacrumbs

Bocacrumbs New Member

I didn't get to meet up with you guys on the day but thanks to Mike I was able to secure some last minute tickets for this game and for Reading which, I must say, was the best sporting experience I have ever had. Even though the Sunderland wasn't the result we were hoping for, I had a blast in the back of H6.

Can someone tell me how Mike knows...uhh...everyone?