Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven Cottage

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

We'll be there! Looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing a pint with a pub full of Fulham fans. Let's just hope and pray for a win this weekend. COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I'm leaving for London tomorrow. Thought I'd mark the occasion appropriately:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:banana:

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Silly question, I know...

How are we going to recognize each other? I could hold my head in the same position as the pic, arms akimbo, but I think I would develop a horrible crick in my neck ;)!

Should we all wear banana suits?

Surely, we'll figure it out...I'll be the short, brown girl with the Southern accent surrounded by two tall English dudes, one ginormous Irish dude and one average-height Midwesterner :)

:banana: BACKATCHANICK!! :banana:

4. Clevelandmo

I'll be the drunk person. That should make it easier.

Actually, I'll have my black FUSA T-shirt on, hubby will have a black Fulham jacket, and one boy will have a 2004 third kit shirt (light blue) while the other will have the 2004 red shirt on. We will get there around 12:00 and probably just have lunch there unless someone warns me other wise (I hear the food is cheap, that may come in handy after a week of a 2:1 exchange rate)

5. Clevelandmo

We're off today!!! Cant wait to see the Sunderland match at Craven Cottage!!!!! I'm soooooo nervous about tomorrow's match. They have to win. COYW!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting the other Americans, funny Brits, and hopefully GaryBarnettFanclub.

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Safe travels Mo and I'm not sure if I gave you my cell number here but I'll email it to you.

7. Clevelandmo

Thanks Mike. Our cells wont work in Merry Ol' but I guess I can get in touch with you from one of those quaint English phonebooths.

Hope you'll be at pride park with a big crew. Cheer hard for me; we cant make it up there.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure everyone has extra batteries for their digital cameras right??

We expect to see a collection of photos even Ormondroyd would approve of.

Hope you guys run into a few surprises aka; LBno11, White Witch, GBFC, etc.

Most of all enjoy the experience and hope the fellas pour their hearts onto the pitch and get a win.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I am jealous of you all and hope to be able to do the same.

10. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

I'm going to be honest...'cuz I've had a few Sweetwaters and I can-

As much as I am looking forward to being at Craven Cottage and being there for this game, I don't know if I can take it. I love Fulham...but I don't know how I would feel if I am witness to the game that may possibly have us relegated. Seriously, I'm getting an ulcer.

I hope that the good vibes from this board will transfer to this match...maybe I am looking at this through rose-colored glasses, but to have so many people willing to spend good money to see their heroes play overseas must be a good sign. I wish that they knew...

I'm going to put 110% next weekend...not just for me and for the team, but for you all on this board.

:banana: COYW :banana: !!!
    T

11. Archie

Archie New Member

RE: Re: RE: Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven

Represent! Wish I could go but I'm a broke ass.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Mo, Terri, alla youse; like Archie says: represent. You're there for all of us.

13. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Thanks guys...if you notice the time of the last post, you can imagine my state. Was feeling a little maudlin after the Derby match (and the beer)...still haven't shaken the feeling 100% (the beer feeling, yes).

My friend Bryan and I say being a Fulham supporter is like watching a drowning man...just when you think he's about to break surface, something pulls him back. He grabs the lifesaver, then loses grip. I don't want to be the one to watch the man slip under...at least not without an honest fight to stay afloat.

Sorry about waxing all poetical...think I'm going to need some serious therapy after this season.

-T

14. WHITEwitch1

WHITEwitch1 New Member

''The Riverside Stand: The quietest part of the ground. Full of old folks and those who would rather study the game in silence than sing at the top of their lungs...although, there are a few that do sit in this section and sing loud and proud. This stand is to the right of the Hammersmith End''.

This is blatantly Riversidist and I object!!!!!

We also have a great view of the cottage and the players coming across towards us - a brilliant bit of banter with the players warming up and of course a side view of the game. Okay so the snoring can be irritating but half time on the Riverside walk is definitely an experience to be savoured.

Let's hear it for the Riverside and especially block X (The big kiss) - Ww

15. jmh

jmh New Member

OK, this message is for all you lucky boys and girls from America who are headed to the Cottage this weekend. Last fall I went over to London and brought back three points from the Reading match, and I think you all owe it to me and all the rest of us back here in the States to do the same. Don't let us down. 8)

16. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I hate Reading! And I hate Sunderland too.

17. jmh

jmh New Member

Well, then you ALSO need to yell extra special loud on Saturday and help will the boys to get three points. 8)

18. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm heading out tomorrow...can't wait to meet y'all :D!

HarbordSteve...don't forget to meet us at the Golden Lion! Great to see you again

And to all you Brewhouse folks (Betsy, Bryan, Daz, Jacob, Chris, Aubrey the Drunken Gooner, Jill, etal)...I'll be cheering for all you ding-dongs!! Send mega-good vibes our way!!

COYWs!!!!!!!!!!!
    Terri of the ATL DIRTY WHITES!!!

:banana: Why, yes...that is a dancing banana!! :banana:

19. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

OH! And Martin :)

And Kevin...even though he loves ManU
    And Ken...yet another Gooner

20. WHITEwitch1

WHITEwitch1 New Member

:banana:

Really looking forward to meeting all you guys and greetings to those who already made it over.

Ww