Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven Cottage

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by americanmike, Feb 5, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven

Haha. No problem Terri, just give me a heads up when you find out for sure and I'll let you know what tickets are available.

2. americanmike

RE: Re: RE: Americans attending Fulham/Sunderland at Craven

Nick and Mo, your tickets are in hand and will be on their way to you shortly. I was able to get tickets in your preferred areas but have to say that this match will be so important that the atmosphere will be electric.

3. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Hi y'all!

I've booked my flight :banana: ! Patrick and I will be there. Harbord Steve said he would like to join as well...you may want to get in touch with him (I've sent him an e-mail...we're probably going to crash with him that night, but we'll see).

I have four friends who said they would be there (two who are not sure and one unknown brother of a friend)...however, I am very nervous about having you, Mike, buy tickets and then have them (or one or two) bail. They said they wouldn't...and maybe I am being overly-cautious. What do you think? Would be awesome if we could all sit together(...Hammy End, please :)!). If you have PayPal, will they be able to pay you directly? Two are moving back to the UK in four days and the others live there. It's all very complicated...maybe it would be easier if we got our own :roll: ...

ANYHOO- I CAN'T WAIT to have a pint with you all!!! Oh...and the game will be fun, too ;)!

-Terri (and Patrick and Brian and Jo and Simon and Nick- and Tom and Dick and Harry)

4. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

T-minus 19 days until I leave for London. Very, very psyched.

5. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

T-minus 21 days for us!!

Terri glad to hear you'll make it, and such a big crew!

Will we share pints before or after the match? Mike? Nick? Terri?

Does anyone know if the Rock is coming, I believe he mentioned it as possible.

6. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I will be at the Golden Lion before the match. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

7. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

If possible, I'd love to meet at the Golden Lion...

I arrive in London 4/4...maybe a little jetlagged on Saturday :). Nothing a pint or three won't cure :D!

-T

8. americanmike

Terri, do you know when you will have the number of people in total that will be coming to the match? We can wait longer before getting your tickets but I'd like you guys to be in with the atmosphere...bring your cameras!

9. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

My husband has already purchased a new camera for this game...so yeah- we'll have some sweet pics :)

I put the APB out to my friends as soon as I booked my plane tickets. There will be five of us for sure. My two friends who are moving back want to get settled in before they commit...so they may get tickets on their own.

I'll let you know before the end of this week...just know I am in for five tickets for sure!

-Terri

T-Minus 24 days for me!

10. americanmike

I'll wait to purchase the 5 Terri, in case it turns out to be 7!

We will definitely have our prematch drinks in the Golden Lion...woohoo!

11. Clevelandmo

Great, just dont let me have too many. They're still telling stories around these parts about how I went over to the table of Italians when Beasley scored his would-be goal in the 2006 WC US vs Italy match.

Not to bog everyone down with details but what time do you have to leave the Golden Lion to get to the match on time? We'll probably have some lunch there so I want to time it right.

12. TheRock

TheRock New Member

I am 50/50 - it'll be a last min decision if I can make this one... If I make it I'll be with Cork City and the old timers by the telly out back beforehand and keep an eye out for all of you. Hope it's a great day out for all!

Clevmo - you might want to leave a bit earlier on (1:45 ish maybe) to check out the cottage if you haven't been. 15 min walk through Bishops park - don't forget that walk. Mike knows the drill so you are in good hands... they have average food at the ground as does the GL out back. Enjoy!

13. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Bought my tickets today...I will be in the Johnny Haynes Stand, Section CL, seats 2.41-2.45 with four of my buddies (me and a bunch of dudes...).

See y'all in two weeks!

COYW!!!
    Terri

14. americanmike

15. Clevelandmo

Rock I hope you make it for this one. No excuses lets just make it over for aFulham win. Come on you Whites!!!!!!!!!!!

16. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

So...what's the plan for the day? I'll need to get my tickets at Will Call...what time do I need to be at the stadium? What time are we meeting at Golden Lion? Will it be difficult to get a pint on game day (as in...will it be packed to the rafters)?

I'm staying in Bellingham and meeting two of my crew somewhere in between there and Craven Cottage.

10 days!
    Terri

17. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

They are very efficant at the will call, only took me a minute or two, and the ground is so easy to navigate it shouldn't be a problem.

18. Clevelandmo

We are leaving on Friday so I'd love to make plans for the Sunderland match before then; we probably wont have access to a computer once in England. Anyone know when they plan to arrive at the Golden Lion. Is it a good place to eat or should we eat before arriving for pints?

19. Clevelandmo

We are leaving on Friday so I'd love to make plans for the Sunderland match before then; we probably wont have access to a computer once in England. Anyone know when they plan to arrive at the Golden Lion. Is it a good place to eat or should we eat before arriving for pints?

20. americanmike

I would suggest arriving in the Golden Lion between 12:00 - 12:30 just to be safe, so we can get there early, enjoy a beer or three and make our way to the ground at around 2:30.

Sound good to you guys?