AGW Hacked!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Nov 20, 2009.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

2. pettyfog

Why Goreacle wont debate

As posted previoulsy Goreacle found it suddenly 'inconvenient to appear' at the Copenhagen Climate Ripoff Summit. He doesnt want to answer questions and of course has refused to debate ANYONE on the issue. 'It's all settled you see"
    Prof Roger Revelle, the guy who turned Al onto CO2 global warming, later recanted and warned against drastic action* as it would devastate the economies of developing nations:
    here and here
    CO2 is a trace gas, and small percentage increases in it is NOT a major factor in climate change, and many of its properties lead to countervailing events.. that's why CO2 TRAILS global temperature increases!
    ie; the early Revelle views on gas assimilation into ocean water were correct, and increasing temp of ocean water forces co2 out, BUT co2 also allows plants to grow in drier less temperate climates.

* At which time, Goreacle called his former mentor SENILE!

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Why Goreacle wont debate

Thanks, Maureen, for your thoughtful post.

4. pettyfog

Re: RE: Why Goreacle wont debate

You see, Mo.. perhaps you are having a hard time making it through the thread as I post it because this is pretty shattering to the views of many of us: at the end, we can trust our intellectual educated and elected to do the right thing.

Now.. not so much.
    And like a small leak in the dike, the little news coming out results shortly in a torrent.
    Now the suppressed have had their bonds loosened and we're seeing the sceptics coming out of the closet, once they have a platform on which to base their claims of suppressed opinions, valid or not.
    Now many of them may not be fired for speaking their minds, on pain of litigation.
    Here:
    This is just one instance. I previously posted the thoughts of a scientist who believes in AGW.
    But, as Don says.. your post hits at the obvious: These people have put the noose around their own necks.
    In seeking to obfuscate enquiry and method, they act as the early church did:
    If you question us, you are a heretic and you doubt the word of god as we interpret it.
    'We are the authority on how you may be saved'
    Well, some Martin Luther -as of now, yet to be named- has opened the dike.
    One can imagine that the Climate Change version of 'the 95 theses' is being readied for nailing to the door of the 'Church of Global Wormening'.

The instigation for this is the same.. 'Sales of Indulgences' to enrich the establishment.
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [​IMG]

5. pettyfog

Shut Up. they replied...

EPA: Greenhouse gases endanger human health

EPA: Because we said so and the peer review is in

Q: What review..

EPA: Shut up. Next question.

6. pettyfog

Oh, happy coinkydink!

EPA finding nothing to do with Hopenhagen

no.. of course they didn't

For all you that vote for the people who this possible, file under:
    "..by any means necessary!"

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Re: RE: Why Goreacle wont debate

For the record, I was never a believer in man made global warming. I never saw any data or reports that was sufficient to convince me. I also objected to the ridicule of any scientist who questioned anything about a man made global warming conclusion and posted as such on here, I'm pretty sure. However, since we never passed any legislation, the MMGW crusade never bothered me that much because I think Americans are disgustingly wasteful and materialistic and therefore welcome any type of conservation.

8. pettyfog

The Science is Settled!

Rockets Wont Work in Space!

-NYT Science Editor Opinion pages

Of course that's only included here for amusement purposes, as the example could work both ways.
    The point being that I'm pretty sure the average science nerd schoolboy of the 1920's understood that the reaction of the rapidly expanding gas was against the combustion chamber, not the atmosphere.

Just as the average science nerd schoolboy of today knows that the core of the earth isnt 'millions of degrees' and maybe even that hurricanes dont form on the equator.
    Just as the average aware schoolboy can smell a setup even though the EPA chief denies convenient timing of 'Findings'.
    Apparently, though, if you lie long and loud enough, some will believe you.

Like 'Station data bears out the warming concensus'
    (Lord knows we fiddled the numbers long enough)

[​IMG]

- by the way... that's not the only instance. NZ has basically thrown out their 'adjusted dataset'.
    And you wouldnt believe the way that GISS fiddles with US station data. They basically 'correct' by finding the closest proximate station that shows an increase, then average with a station showing none, over and over, until the sum shows an increase.

That's not even counting those who question effects of trace CO2 in heat retention.. turns out THAT theory is backed up by fewer than 60 scientists. All the rest use THEIR opinion.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

oh, wow! I didn't realize that Pettyfog believes that man-made global warming is a hoax, that scientists who believe otherwise are discriminated against, and that the entire global warming scare is just a ruse to enrich environmentalists, damage capitalism, and increase the power of the national government. I also didn't realize that anyone who gives credence to any argument counter to this is a dupe, an idiot AND/OR a liar.

The reason I didn't realize this is that I missed reading his 250 other threads and 2000 other posts saying the same thing over and over again across the last few years. I'm sure that Pettyfog realizes that there might be someone who reads this board regulary, who does NOT know his position. That's why I'm fairly comfortable that we'll see thread after thread and post after post on the subject ad infinitum and ad nauseum. It's almost enough to make you wish that the Mayan calendar thing was correct.

Carry on, Jim. :D

10. pettyfog

Well said Don.

And I will give up on it once the media starts doing its job and reports actual science rather than carry the lies of the World Big Brother organization.

Of course you may to believe whatever they want you to believe. That doesnt make it true.
    Example AlGoracle goes on MSNBC and says
    "Those Emails are nine years old!" and
    natch isnt challenged on that. No one ever challenges his lies because he takes care to not allow it.

Of course there is the faction that says "Truth lies in consensus" .. oh wait, maybe that's it. In the world where 2+2 is not 4, then the figures add up.
    This is the world that Don complained about under Bush and the Patriot
    Act.
    He has nothing to say on it now.