African Cup of Nations

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andypalmer, Sep 17, 2009.

1. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

While we're not impacted as badly as some teams, we'll likely be missing Pantsil and Etuhu for the entire month of January. Both Chicago and Kamara are safe, as neither South Africa nor Senegal qualified for the ACN tournament.

Still, how do you think our backup RB and DM will do, and who do you think has the edge for those positions in the absense of our African stars?

2. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Surely Kelly and Greening will step in. I suppose Greening and Murphy can form the same kind of partnership that Murphy had with Bullard while Kelly is better than Baird at rb.

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

What do you feel about Baird at DM? I think Murphy is a better passer than Greening and I'm not sure if Greening can handle the DM duties sufficiently to allow Danny to be effective.

4. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I think putting Baird there is a negative move. We get the breaking up of plays, but we get nothing going forward.

Murphy would be playing a bit deeper with Greening in the lineup. It'd be like it was with Bullard.I like it more because both players can pick a pass and we have more going forward.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

What makes you think Etuhu is going? He hasn't exactly been in Nigeria's sights recently -- didn't even make the full squad for the last international break.