Adopt a Kitty Cat!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by americanmike, Oct 31, 2005.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Meet Craven the Cat. Currently in his temporary home in Queens, New York, Craven is looking for another home and a caring owner that will tend to his kitty needs.

If you are interested in adopting 'Craven' you can contact Rudy through the website by PM'ing, RDG. Or you can email me at Mike@FulhamUSA.com.

[​IMG]

2. RDG

RDG Member

A few more details . . .

Craven is technically a feral cat, though it is obvious to those who have met him that he has lived with people: he has been neutered; he does not bite; he loves to be patted.

This is the first feral cat that I have attempted to find a home for, since he is so loving. It would be nice to have him housed before the onset of winter, which he may not survive. I would adopt him, but my two cats are already jealous of the attention he gets.

If someone does want him and can give him the love and attention he needs, then I will gladly have him checked out by my vet, as well as throwing in some cat goodies.

Hmmmmm, maybe he could be the new mascot at the Cottage . . . if only he could get through quarantine . . .

3. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

Blawhicat!! what a cutey!!

4. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Do not, I repeat DO NOT show this to my wife. She wants a cat.

5. DCDave

DCDave Member

What a cutie! Too bad we already have three cats...

6. RDG

RDG Member

Craven the Cat

How much not to show this? I do have other photos, you know.

I don't think you can afford it, as I really do want to give this cat a good home. It would cost GALLONS of Guinness.

Oh, yeah, and he is Craven, not just 'cuz he is B&W, but also because he is cravin' food, love, affection, . . .

7. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

RE: Craven the Cat

I fear if he was the mascot Chelsea fans would have a field day calling us P*ssies and what not...

I am however a p*ssy lover... and often I'm Craven Pu.... OK OK...

How do I manage to make every post uncomfortable these days ...

8. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

I don't think that Craven would like the quaranteen, and if he was living with my mum, he wouldn't get on with her siamese blawhicats, or if he lived with me i don't think he'd like my housemates deranged dog :(

as for Smokin'....line.....crossed! ;)

9. Smokin'

Smokin' Administrator

There's a line here?

I think the best thing for Louisa's dog is a feral cat... locked in the same room... with Louisa herself...

10. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

it'd be difficult to tell which one was which!!

11. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Re: Craven the Cat

One snag - we have a border terrier called Elvis and a ferret called Rodney, and with a baby on the way, it would be a bloody zoo.

12. RDG

RDG Member

RE: Re: Craven the Cat

No takers?

Not even my vet can place him. We may have to shop him to Bide-A-Wee or North Shore by the end of the month.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Too bad... just PLEASE dont dump him, somewhere.

14. misswitch2

misswitch2 New Member

I wish i could :(

15. RDG

RDG Member

Someone else already did.

To clear up any confusion: He is a feral cat. I cannot take him in, because I already have two cats in a small-as-it-is apartment. Also, my two guys have been together since they were weeks old; they are over two now. They haven't really accepted Craven, even at the window. We and neighbors (who also cannot take him in because of cats) have been feeding him and other feral cats outside. He is an exception, as it seems that he was already fixed and is the first loving feral I've met. He is also the first feral I've allowed in my kitchen (don't worry, I close the door, so that my cats won't go after him).

I will have to check, but I think that Bide-A-Wee and North Shore are both no-kill shelters, as opposed to the ASPCA. Is Utah the only no-kill state in the country? I am not sure.

As I said, I'd like to place him before the end of the month. Fortunately, it's been fairly warm this Autumn, but if we get a deep freeze, I fear for him.

If anyone outside the NYC area wants him, arrangements can be made if you are along the Eastern seaboard. My wife has family in Florida, so if you are anywhere near I-95, I think we can work something out easily.

16. RDG

RDG Member

Of course, I am always ready to volunteer my wife's services when she's not around! Realistically, if you're within a few hours' drive of NYC (or practically anywhere in New England), we can do something.

I really should learn to leave messages AFTER I've had a decent night's sleep!

17. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Heh... post on the offal... Motown needs a cat, to take care of his snapper offal.