a short notice

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Jan 3, 2015.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm likely to be a bit weirder than usual -- insert comment here -- for a while because this afternoon my mother-in-law passed away. We knew she was deteriorating, but had no idea she'd go this quickly. Along with my wife, my mother-in-law is one of my only two heroes. As a single parent, she raised four children in Southern California through the 60s and 70s and they all turned out wonderfully. A good Roman Catholic, she wasn't too thrilled about her oldest marrying a divorced man, but she always had the ability to "give it up to God" when she couldn't make the change herself.

Since I first met her in 1976, we have become closer and closer. In addition to holding HatterMom and her VERY ill sister together through all this, I'm also keeping myself together. So, if I seem a little erratic or I just disappear for a while, that's the reason.

RIP Mary Eileen Bonney, my friend and hero.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Condolences on your loss Don. God's peace and strength to you and your wife over these next fe difficult days.

HatterDon likes this.
  3. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

I'm am so sorry for your and HatterMom's loss Don. Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Condolences, Don. amazing how others grow to influence us in sometimes unexpected ways.
    My cousin died Saturday Morning. She was a Downs Syndrome child and yet led what she considered a full life. She finally gave it up at age 63 and siad she was ready to go to meet 'Mom and Dad'

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

My condolences to your family as well, Don. From your description, she sounded like one classy lady who will be missed greatly.

6. encorespanish

encorespanish Active Member

My deepest condolences to you and yours Don. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Deepest condolences for the loss of your Mother-In-Law Don and to your cousin Pettyfog. A marriage is a whole lot happier if the In Laws are welcoming and sounds like she was a special person.

8. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

So sorry Don.

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Our condolences to you and your family, HD. And as to 'fog, our condolences as well - I spent the early part of my life working with developmentally disabled adults, and it was awesome. I'm so sorry for each of you and life is precious...as we know.

10. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear that Don. I know how hard losing Mom can be. My deepest condolences to you and ML.