A Reason to Pull for Derby in a Few Matches This Season

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FFCinPCB, Aug 9, 2007.

1. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

2. Lyle

Lyle New Member

Billy Davies is an interesting guy. Really smart and tagged to be the second Scottish coming of Alex Ferguson. I'm surprised he is interested in US players. First Eddie Johnson and now Benny Feilhaber.

Actually, since West Ham is looking to buy Giles Barnes, Feilhaber may have been purchased to take his place if he leaves. Him and the young David Jones would give Derby a young but talented midfield combo.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

If he's like Fergie, he likes "that American thing" -- Ferguson's expression that describes the fact that Americans come to the practice ground in fantastic shape and work their butts off. Add to that the fact that we're incredibly cheap -- Macca went for UNDER A MILLION -- and you'd have to be stupid to ignore that. Davies is nowhere near dumb.

I think he'll be a good gaffer for Benny, and I hope for good things for both of them ... except against us.

4. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I am pleased by this. A few seasons with Derby could do Benny some good and we could possibly see him really strong come WC2010. Or at least used to the European style of play which always seems to beat us.