A Must-Read for the Bush Deranged...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 29, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

On the 'loss of civil liberties' and dangers thereof:

THE TERROR PRESIDENCY -
    Justice and judgment inside the Bush administration

A Times book review.

It will be interesting to see comments about this.. I ASSUME you'll read the full article.

It's interesting now, especially in light of fact there ARE NO remaining 'Neo-Cons' in the administration. In fact it looks to me a LOT like what Bill Clinton and Maddy Albright might be doing.

Which wont sway some... after all, it's "Boosh" and Boosh is in league with the Joos!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Fog:

1. the president and the vice-president are both Neo-Cons. You don't really need too much more support.

2. the statement that the office of the president had less power [vis-a-vis the other two branches] in the 70's and 80's than it did in the 1930s and 1860s is not only wrong, it is patently stupid. The evolution of the imbalance of the executive over the other two branches has become more pronounced every year since 1942.

3. I'm sick of seeing Lincoln compared to Bush. It's a joke. Yes, Lincoln suspended habeas corpus. That was during a time when there was a significantly large and powerful army led by a military genius just 50 or so miles from the capital. An army that later invaded Maryland and Pennsylvania while a significant number of people within the D of C supported the country that army fought for. No matter how you and your ilk spin this, one major terrorist attack by a guy hiding out in Pakistan doesn't quite measure up to the Army of Northern Virginia led by Robert E. Lee.

4. The article is in the Times of London, which lost all journalistic respect when Rupert Murdoch turned it into the Daily Fascist. Remember the Hitler Diaries? Remember how their editorial board spread doubt about the historical accuracy of the holocaust?

5. Yes, I read the entire article. "The man is definitely NOT a civil libertarian" explained everything about his book and why he got his job in the administration.

6. Lastly, 'fog, you've complained before when people equate conservatives with racists. Indeed you've complained even when no such comparison was made. So now it's my turn to call you on your repeated implication that people who oppose the policies of the present administration and criticize the actions of the president do so ... at least in part ... because they're anti-Semitic. This is about the dozenth time you've done the "Liberals hate Joos" thing. In this instance it's a total non-sequitor because Jews never came into the discussion until the last sentence of your post. It's also inaccurate and it's insulting. Certainly, you have other ways to ridicule and belittle those who have the temerity to disagree with anything you say. Employ them, and bury slurs of this type in a hole they can't ever crawl out of.

Thanks

3. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: A Must-Read for the Bush Deranged...

It's particularly insulting to those of us who are Jewish but still think Bush is a crook and a liar.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

:oops:

I have to apologize and fall on my virtual sword on that point.
    There has been no tinhat zionist-bashing here to speak of.

I should have made it clear I was referring to comments and articles elsewhere, especially as I invited focus on what THIS group thought.