A great sports day...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Oct 7, 2006.

?

The SEC: Parity.. or joke?

1. Some excellent players, but remainder are mediocre..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. SEC oughta occupy all ten BCS Slots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Overrated and overhyped, take away one bowl game, at least.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Not only did Auburn get beat*, but Tigers' make mincemeat out of the Yankees.

Is Jim Leland the best manager in baseball or what!

And here's something to ponder:

It just occurred to me that here is ONE feeling Yankees fans will never share with fans from most other sport teams.

Think about it!

*totally unreasonable unbidden visceral reaction.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and, meanwhile, back in Ohio, the Bengals continue to polish their Nebraska Cornhusker imitation.

How many arrests so far this season, Fog? Seven? Eight?

3. pettyfog

I dont have the Cincinnati Police RSS feed, Don.. I'll have to look it up.

I'm back.... dang, Don, you're just yanking my chain. I assume you mean Chris Henry's suspension.

To a Bengals fan that is totally old news and expected. Hell, things are looking up... no arrests in the last two weeks.

Aint it interesting he made the Guardian, though!

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The Guardian? I got it on ESPN.

Glad you're around to keep everyone honest when I'm out of town. After 5 12-hour "with the client" days -- which I enjoyed every minute of and which kills an old fart with no knees -- I'm going back to the couch to be the LAST person in FUSA land to watch the Watford v. Fulham match. The missus taped it for me whilst I was in ATL. Now that's love!

Speaking of which, any feedback on the Fulham Supporters' Club event of the year earlier today? I feel like a proud father! Bet you do, too!

5. DCDave

DCDave Member

Tigers beat Yankees!!!!!!

I have to say something about my Tigers beating the Yankees!!!!!

I am a huge Tiger fan. (I've written three books on the Tigers, written a newsletter on them for 23 years, etc.) I got to be at the game on Friday night (the Rogers gem), and it was one of the greatest events I've ever been at in my life. I had tears in my eyes. I watched today's clincher at home on TV, and it was such a moving event. 13 straight losing years, 19 years since our last playoff appearance, and we're in the ALCS!!!!! Nothing personal against the Yankees (I know Mike, a big Yankees fan, must be very disappointed, and I empathize with him) but beating THEM, as opposed to another team, a team without their history, means SO MUCH!!!!! For those of you here who've never lived in the States, it's like Fulham beating ManU in a playoff series. Also, given all of the hype about the Yankees and their supposedly invincible lineup, that makes it all the msot sweeter. If the Tigers make the Series, I have box seats 15 rows back of the dugout for Game 1.

Back to the champagne...

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :banana: :banana: :banana: :lol: :D

6. pettyfog

RE: Tigers beat Yankees!!!!!!

Yes, Dave... you describe EXACTLY what a Yankee (or ManUre) fan can NEVER KNOW!

Why you didnt just come out and say it, I have no idea. And dont apologize to Mike... noone is entitled to 100% PURE BLISS, on the day.
    ;)

- - - - - - - -
    Don: Yep. Nuff said. Or more like a god-uncle mebbe.
    - - - - - - -
    Back to Dave:

Heh... you, Tom Selleck and Ted Nugent.

Think on it!

7. pettyfog

Back to the topic:

If someone on ESPN doesnt make note of all the trick touchdown passes, today... involving non-quarterback passers, they are missing the boat. Just saw my third of the day..by South Carolina.. and I really havent been paying much attention

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Congrats on the Tigers winning Dave. I know how it feels like from watching the White Sox last season. Should be interesting against Oakland.

9. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Go A's!!!!!!