7 out 9 Penalties Missed...

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SoCalJoe, Jan 25, 2017.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Who knew the best way to defend Fulham is just take the guy down in the danger zone because we can't hit water if we fall out of boat from the spot. Honestly, how is it possible to have that ridiculous of a shooting %?

encorespanish likes this.
  2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and who's the only Fulham player banished from the first team for missing a penalty?

Yep, mah boy Cauley.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  3. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and now it seems that Martin HAS signed a deferred contract with Derby County. He'll stay on our books until the season's over, but then has 2.5 years back with his beloved Rams. So, I'm guessing our next penalty taker will be Button.

5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

My son plays goalie and on their team they used to always finish the last practice before a match taking PK's. Everyone shot PK's until a player missed. Eventually only one player was left who hadn't missed any shots and that player would take any PK's in the upcoming game. There were two goalies, so the goalies got to shoot too. One time my son won the right to take PK's in the next game. He was playing in goal when the team won a penalty. He took the penalty, but the opposing goalie got a finger on the ball and it bounce off the post. The other team then cleared it and started going down the field. My son had to sprint the length of the field to get back into goal. He made it just before they got a shot off. After the game one of the other players on the team said the the coach "Coach, it's a really bad idea to have the goalie take penalty kicks." The coach replied "Yeah, we're never doing that again!"

encorespanish and tim like this.
  6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Rene Higuita -- El Loco -- Colombia international keeper who was the penalty taker for his club and his national team. During the 98 World Cup [I believe] he wandered upfield with the ball and was dispossessed and scored upon. He called it "a mistake as big as the world"