2024 Summer Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, May 31, 2024.

1. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

That is a hefty fee. Would have liked to see what he has to offer but for that fee I 100% understand letting him go.

2. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

I think it was a decent transfer window. I can't say TK didn't splash the cash, and it seemed they went for players Silva actually wanted. But we are really thin. 21 senior players, 22 if Vinicius stays. I hope we stay healthy again. The only players we could still sign are free agents (https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/vertragslosespieler). Martial is still available... Rabiot...

MicahMan likes this.
  3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

@TommyFFCGun Welcome!!

Went to a Birmingham City MB for
    Match thread for League Cup game and they called him ‘Stans’ and were bummed he started against them because ‘he was going to score and that they couldn’t come up w/enough $$’.

This kid was really talented, and we might regret this (was $15 mill. the automatic contract trigger?). Good luck to him, he’s gonna tear up that league.

I’m pretty sure a certain 36 year old that lives in the neighborhood is still on the free. If so, sign him NOW!!!!! #williancomehome

Last edited: Sep 7, 2024
    stlouisbrad and MicahMan like this.
  4. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Fulham also picks up winger Reiss Nelson from Arsenal on loan.
    https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/august/31/nelson-joins-on-loan/

Leno, Iwobi, Smith Rowe, Nelson - four players from Arsenal. Do we need a name change? Arsenal West? Lil' Gunners? Arsenal-on-Thames? Or maybe we look at it from a different angle and call Arsenal "Fulham's Senior Academy"?

nevzter likes this.
  5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

So yesterday was deadline day. Usually I’m all in on stressing over what Fulham is doing but this one came and went and I didn’t notice until today. It’s so nice that Fulham did most of their business earlier this year.

I wonder how much Stansfield (or Silva) knew on Tuesday. The negotiations had to have been ongoing.

I also see that Andre went to Wolves. Perhaps this will stop the rumors. Or perhaps it’ll stoke them even more because he’ll already be in England.

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  6. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Just a recap on how things shook out:

All players with expiring contracts left: De Cordova-Reid, Kongolo, Rodak, Tosin, Francois, Willian

Transfers Out: Palhinha, Ream, Mbabu, Stansfield
    Loaned Out: Harris

Transfers In: Andersen, Cuenca, Sessegnon, Berge, Smith Rowe
    Loaned In: Nelson

Looking back at the Summer window, I think it was pretty successful although not perfect. It was nice that not all of the big decisions came down to the final hours, but it was still ridiculous that figuring out what to do when Palhinha left hadn't been buttoned up already.

My big ask was for in improvement at CB over Diop. Fulham may have overpaid for Andersen, but I think he will improve the back line so I'm pretty happy there. My other concern was a backup for Robinson and Sessegnon has filled that gap.

I'm pretty happy with all the signings - they have certainly brought potential to Fulham. And I'm not to disappointed in the departures either. I'm most surprised by Stansfield, but there were no wrenching exits like last summer.

The question now is... What will the midfield look like? With Palhinha and Willian's roster spaces filled by players who have different skill sets like Smith Rowe and Berge, things will have to be different from last year. The first three games showed a pretty consistent lineup, but the lack of production in the final third showed there is still a lot they are figuring out.

stlouisbrad likes this.