2024 Summer Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by MicahMan, May 31, 2024.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

IMG_3150.jpeg We all got our money’s worth from lucky #13: club and country. Somebody somewhere on one of the Olympic chats this week asked why we still suck at the most popular sport on the planet. It ain’t because of this guy. Not much was made of his transfer to SW6 from Bolton lo’ those many years ago. What odds would you have gotten he’d last at Fulham this long? Not as long as Leicester’s 5,000-1 to win the Premiership in 2015, but pretty damn long. Good or bad, and there were bads, he has survived, thrived and morphed into a legitimate club legend. “REEEEEMMM!!!!!!” will always give me goose bumps. I’ve still got my 2015 “Visit Florida” Ream 13 kit too Micah. It’s coming out and on today in honor of this newest of Fulham heroes for us to remember.
    We knew it was coming but that doesn’t make it easier.
    “Don’t cry because it’s over smile because it happened.”
    Theodor S. Geisel, AKA, Dr. Seuss.
    Thanks for the memories Timothy Michael Ream. We’ll see you soon!

SoCalJoe, nevzter, astroevan and 2 others like this.
  2. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pilgrimage to Charlotte is in order!

3. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I loved the fan written song about Tim Ream that was played at the end of the Fulhamish podcast (hopefully the link below jumps to that moment at 1:06:12)

SoCalJoe likes this.
  4. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

I think we're in decent shape going into the season, too. There are still some questions:
    Will Stansfield stay? (hope so)
    How do we get rid of Vini? (let us not ask for too much, please)
    Will someone make Fulham an offer we cannot refuse for Pereira? (hope not, but it would be survivable)
    Is a right-footed CB still coming, and is he younger than 31? (hope so, though the left-footed Cuenca really impressed me in Diop's spot)
    I'm so excited for the ManU game.

MicahMan likes this.
  5. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

6. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

7. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I'm glad Fulham gets 20% of that fee, but I'm surprised Liverpool could get that much for him. He isn't any better a player than what he was at Fulham, but Liverpool is getting 4x the fee for him. Just riding pine for a Champion's League team is enough to increase his value I guess.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  8. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I feel like the bigger clubs have more leverage when it comes to transfers. Typically, It’s hard for the Fulhams and Brentfords to expect large fees for their players when 1) the players often want to push themselves at a big club and 2) the big club often doesn’t immediately *need* the players. Fulham probably couldn’t have asked for more for Carvalho due to the risk of potentially losing him on a free transfer. On the flip side, Brentford (or Southampton) couldn’t lowball Liverpool and expect to win. Plus, the competition between the smaller clubs to sign players will also drive up fees.

That said, I agree that 20% is a nice bonus.

SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I’m a little PO’ed that Carvalho ended up back with one of our supposed derby rivals instead of us. Anybody except Brentford, QPR, or scum. I’ll fess up to not seeing him play much since he left us for scousers, but it obviously didn’t go as well as they hoped. I do remember how he played for us…really, really well. Can’t help but think he’d do better with us than a club like the Bees.

MicahMan likes this.
  10. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

11. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Sander Berge, defensive midfielder from Burnley, is set to join Fulham:
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c9qgx1ve53wo

I'm not sure how I feel about this. He's spent time in the Premier League with both Sheffield United and Burnley. He is a player who is probably worthy of playing in the Premier League, but he's no Palhinha, and I'm not even sure if he has the upside to someday approach Palhinha levels like you might have with Andre. However, would he have tracked back better than Cairney or Pereira to not leave Zirkzee unmarked for his goal? I'd like to hope so.

nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  12. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

It checks a box (and maybe the club was persuaded by the single goal he scored last season, as it happened to occur at the Cottage!?!?). Never mind Palhinha, is Berger better than Reed? Probably, but the margin is slim in my book.

The Andre saga has played out for multiple seasons at this point, it's David Bentley all over again.
    COYW

13. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

SoCalJoe, stlouisbrad and nevzter like this.
  14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Joliet…relegation…it’s all the same.
    COYW

15. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

16. daddude7

daddude7 Well-Known Member

I was expecting this transfer window to be a disaster, so it has already exceeded my expectations. I have to give it to TK, he's been much less stingy than usual. ESR, Cuenca, Sess, Berge, Andersen. All quality additions. Let's get another winger, and I'll be building TK a statue. But I'm happy with what we already have.

stlouisbrad and SoCalJoe like this.
  17. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

It's official! Joachim Andersen has returned to Fulham!
    https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/august/23/andersens-fulham-return/

I'm very excited about this. He may be my favorite loan player from Fulham's past. He's solid on defense, he can ping an awesome pass downfield, and he's a helpful target on corners. I'm probably a little too enthusiastic about his prospects, but whatever, I'll bask in the happy feelings now.

nevzter and SoCalJoe like this.
  18. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

After losing Mitrovic last season, when I saw the news that Toney was headed to Saudi Arabia, I turned in the general direction of Brentford and did this...

19. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Kind of crazy Stansfield wins MotM at Birmingham, playing the club where he won player of the season just last year, then a few days later signs for Birmingham - also the only club he's ever scored against for Fulham. I did not see that coming. From a dollars and cents perspective it was probably smart, but I'm still bummed because I was excited to see him play more.
    https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/august/30/stansfield-departs/

astroevan likes this.
  20. TommyFFCGun

TommyFFCGun New Member

Stansfield has left for Birmingham City FC. Sad but we couldn't turn down the £15m plus £5m in add ons and a 20% sell on fee. Would have liked to have seen him succeed at Fulham. We also turned down a out five bids for Pereira because Silva doesn't want to see him go. Can't say the rest of the Cottage faithful agree.

astroevan and SoCalJoe like this.