1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Get the ball to #8 and DEFEND!

2. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

We managed 3 in the chat for Honduras. Anyone interested for tonight's match? 730 ct, I believe.

3. jumpkutz

Us vs Haiti, re: the first half. What. The Fuck. Was THAT?

4. jumpkutz

Well, Deuce saved our bacon again (with a HUGE assist from the Z-man). I thought Monsieur Galarcep pretty much nailed it.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Does anyone know if the USA Gold Cup matches are also available on-line? Our ONLY television just died and it'll be 10-12 days before its replacement arrives and is installed. I've been depending on the DVR, since I have such a busy dance card during prime time [yuk yuk], but I could catch at least some of it live if Fox has a version of ESPN3.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

It could be worse, El Tri managed only a 0-0 draw against Guatemala. I'm betting on Bacon being the scorer of the first non-Duece goal.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So far [typing with fingers crossed] I've got the match on-line with Fox sports go. In the chatroom also.

No Deuce and Zardes up front with Wondo. Happy to see that Agudelo is starting, but #13? Again? Time to redeem yourself young sir.

10. jumpkutz

Anybody wanna bet Deuce hits the back of the net again, despite not starting?

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

From Paul Carr:

"USMNT has been outshot in all three Gold Cup games, by a combined 51-20 (19-9 in penalty area)"

Ladies and gentleman, that's bad.

encorespanish likes this.
  12. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

Jozy out of the squad and Klinsmann now has his six alternates he can bring in, I'll be interested to see if he calls in Aguedelo or Gordon. My money's on the latter.

13. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

BarryWhite likes this.
  14. SoCalJoe

Haiti knocks out Honduras, what are the odds the Honduran coach lasts more than 2 days after the plane gets back home?

Have to think Da Beas was brought in to start at LB, so Fabian can be plugged into the RB spot. What to do at CB???

encorespanish and BarryWhite like this.
  15. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Would have liked to see a holding mid brought in. Beckerman has been poor & Bradley has been more effective going forward. Since Jones is injured, my vote would have been Cameron.

Rb has been an adventure so far as well. Seems JK is set against putting Yedlin back there for some reason. Agree that Beasley probably shifts Johnson to the right. I liked Johnson's budding partnership with Zardes on the left, but we've been getting killed on the right flank.

The 3rd one had to be a striker for coverage, but I'm hoping we go with Dempsey & Bacon up top the rest of the way. Zardes has looked better out wide & Wondo doesn't seem to fit with the personnel & scheme.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    BarryWhite likes this.
  16. SoCalJoe

It looks as though the US will play Guatemala, Cuba, or El Salvador on Sat. depending on the result of the first two's match tonight. Mexico and Costa Rica are on the other side of the bracket and would face each other in a potential semi-final. However, Los Ticos were lucky to earn a 0-0 draw with Canada from the highlights shown.

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Is it me or do all the teams seem to be a bit lackluster this year? Ticos are not playing anywhere near the level they did during the WC last year, nor Mexico. What is it? Too many fouls? Just an off year? Or was last year's performance by Concacaf teams in the WC a one-off?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  18. SoCalJoe

For sure a WC hangover by the Big 3, add in Honduras not even making the Quarters and all 4 teams playing in Brazil have been mediocre. I'm guessing it's a combination of the bigger teams re-tooling for the next cycle, and the Caribbean/smaller Central American teams being primed for this tournament. Without a doubt the bigger teams have played flat which is human nature.
    While I don't think it was a one-off, history shows Concacaf teams doing much better at non-Euro WC locations, which means it will be a poor showing in Russia.

Justice served for T&T as their player was getting pelted by debris by El Tri fans on the final corner kick of the game, only to serve it perfectly for the match tying goal (4-4) to win the group and forcing Mexico to play Costa Rica in the Quarters. The US gets to play Cuba in Baltimore, so while not playing worth a damn, a clear path to the Semis has appeared.

19. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

The US side of the bracket looks much easier than the other. I'll be disappointed if we don't make the final.

20. SoCalJoe

Getting to play Cuba was a stroke of fortune. Bacon, Bedoya, & Zardes looked lively throughout. Deuce just keeps racking up the goals. After a 6-0 win its hard to nitpick, but; Chandler's shown that his strength are his crosses in, but his positioning is so cringe-worthy that Jamaica's game plan will likely be to attack his side constantly. Also wondering when a GK actually reads a scouting report that says Clint on his PKs, kicks it down the middle....every time!

BarryWhite likes this.