2015-2016 League Cup (Capital One Cup if you prefer)

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We open Tuesday at Wycombe Wanderers. I believe that we are NOT on television, but kickoff is Tuesday at 1345 Central time. I plan to be listening to GJ and checking out the chatroom.

2. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Gonna be interesting to see who starts. Guesses? I suspect we'll see Betts back between the sticks, and Kacaniklic, Hyndman, Bodurov and possibly Woodrow spelling some of the lads from the trip to Wales.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The word was that Betts wasn't ready for 90 minutes. We'll see.

Tomorrow will be the the second day of the installation of a new roof. There'll be tons of noise, but I hope to be able to listen to the match.

4. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

I'm assuming we'll start most of the bench guys from the weekend. I'd like to see us keep the same back 4 however. I think getting them as much time as possible in matches learning to play together will help them improve as a unit.

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Today's line-up:

Have to assume Hyndman is not going to be with the team much longer.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

sadly, I think you may be right

7. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Win and a clean sheet! Woohoo!

8. jumpkutz

Happy we won, not so happy we struggled to subdue a League 2 side, even though it was away. Doesn't look good for the stretchered off Grimmer, hope he's OK, The last thing we need is a thinning of the back line. On the plus side, we DID win, so I'm not gonna complain too much. Hopefully there'll be some highlights soon, although it could be dodgy given the venue. Still wondering what's going with the keeper situation. I thought Marcus was spectacular last season, so Lonergan must be pretty darn good if Kit rates him over Betts. Good for the lads who didn't feature Saturday to get a result. That'll build their confidence down the road. And it does appear that our countryman is headed out on loan, doesn't it? Disappointing, but getting Ream from Bolton would ease the sting somewhat. May have to hold off on a kit purchase until that finishes playing out. Come on, Shad! Don't let Tony beat you out for a Yank!

9. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

A stronger performance against a League 2 side would be nice, but some of our fellow Championship teams fared worse. Brentford was crushed by League 2 Oxford United 4-0 and Huddersfield lost to League 2 Notts County. Brentford did start an entirely different team than their first Championship match, but still, they were even playing at home! Hull only won vs League 2 Accrington on penalties. Blackburn, Bolton, Nottingham Forest, and Burnley all lost to League 1 sides.

10. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

12. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Shorter highlights from a different camera

MicahMan likes this.
  13. jumpkutz

Pretty sweet pass from Pringle, it appeared. Don't know how he got it through the defender marking him. Kaca kept his composure nicely and made no mistake, but very nice breakout, buildup and finish.

14. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

We'll be home to Sheffield United in Round 2.

SoCalJoe likes this.
  15. AggieMatt

Great. I was trying to forget those abysmal performances on offer the last 2 times we met (FA Cup '13-14).

nevzter likes this.
  16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We're hosting Sheffield Wednesday again. let's NOT have a replay of two years ago. The match kicks off at 1:45 Central TUESDAY. It's one of 12 ties on the day, so I'd be shocked if there's any coverage. I did hear in thechatroom on Saturday, that the Luton Town v. Stoke would be on beIN Sports Spanish-language station. I didn't know they had one.

Who's for the chatroom?

17. ChicagoCottager

ChicagoCottager Active Member

I think you mean Sheffield United HD, but we knew what ya meant. I'm hoping to be in the chat room for this one. I really have no idea what to expect. Hoping for a shake-up to the lineup. Still hoping Hyndman can get a game, maybe Ream will get in as well.

18. jumpkutz

I think we'll see Ream and Cauley and maybe even Lewis between the sticks. Something tells me Kit'll keep sticking Ross out there until he breaks out of it....which had better be SOON! Oh, and Dembele, too, since he was so lively against Huddersfield. If he scores, it could open the floodgates for him. Sheff U are a good side. Enjoyed watching them last year at Wembley against Hull in the FA semis. We'll have to start faster than we have been, they get it up and down the pitch pretty quickly for a third tier side. Giddy up.

19. AggieMatt

Without knowing Lonergan's status, I'd be surprised to see Lewis one day after joining since Kit wasn't willing to do the same with Ream. In fact I question if we'll see Ream so soon.

I'll try to make the chat, but it's 50/50 at the moment.

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I did indeed. Wednesday on a Tuesday? I don't THINK so. Thanks for the eagle eye