2013-2014 Yanks Abroad

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by LaxAttack, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Torres scored his first goal for Tigres, a nice one too. Could not find a video I could directly link.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

4. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

5. jumpkutz

Also, Roma's gone on a tear w/o Michael Bradley, which doesn't bode well for his return to the starting lineup when his ankle heals.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and the mighty Zak Whitbread netted for Derby County in his first match on loan with them thar Rams! :banana-guitar:

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

8. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

That's pretty cool if true. I'd love to see Brad go to Arsenal and have success. Of the names mentioned though, I'd expect Asmir Begovic to be first choice.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As Guzan becomes the 318th GK to be linked with Arsenal over the last three years.

10. nevzter

But how many linked were better than Brad G.? Not too many at this point - he's a friggin' stud right now. Can't see Wenger buying him though or Villa selling him for that matter. He's responsible for too many points in that squad, which is only going to improve.

11. SoCalJoe

Thanks for posting HD, hadn't noticed that Zak was loaned out. Went the full 90 in his second match, Derby's 3-1 win over Leeds. In the immortal words of Russell Casse, my cousin has a message to the rest of the Championship;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ

12. SoCalJoe

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Yep, some good news for yanks this weekend. Mmmm bacon. I really like that kid's game. He keeps it simple.

Will Packwood has returned from a devastating broken leg and won MOM honors for Bristol Rovers

And while not a yank in terms of the uniform, Guiseppe Rossi is a yank and it looks like he is back. Scored a hat trick in the span of 15 minutes for Fiorentina. I really thought his career was over after two successive ACL injuries and three surgeries; this gives me hope that Holden can return.

14. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Death, taxes and a Zak Whitbread injury. He had to be subbed out due to a calf injury this weekend.

Terrence Boyd also scored this weekend.

Gooch is currently training at QPR and also has some interest from some Belgian teams.

And Brek Shea scored a goal with Stoke City's U-21 team (and he could be sent out on loan to a Championship side in the near future).

15. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

And it's official...http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/usa/ ... ewu-102313

16. jumpkutz

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I don't know if anyone watched it, but Jozy had a great game against Newcastle today. He was very physical and very quick. He was dominant in the air and held up and passed on very well. He set up the winning goal.

The thing is, most of this is being unnoticed because it's not his job at Sunderland to score. He didn't get a single shot off today but bullied the Barcodes central mids for 90+. Luckily for him, Sunderland fans know a bit about football and can appreciate what he does for them. If he was playing for Fulham, all the comments would be "runs around like a headless chicken" and "can't score for the life of him."

18. nevzter

Bradley with the winner for Roma.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pB5o0z7BzI[/youtube]

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

First of all, how great is it to see him on the pitch and making a difference for roma?

Second of all, that is a classic Bradley goal -- making the late run JIC. Good man, sir!

20. jumpkutz

A really, really big :text-+1: